Peter Gabriel - Secret World Live

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Guy Robinson

Get this disc if you want a fantastic concert with probably the best DTS track of any concert in my library of around 100 DVD-V concerts. (Did I say "concert" enough?) The video is grainy in spots but the audio is really great.

I know it's an old post, but I couldn't resist the reply -I agree with every word! This is one stupendous concert! Peter is on top form, as are his usual suspects, and you can just tell they really were enjoying themselves on that monster stage. DD stereo sound is good, DD5.1 is passable. DTS5.1 is mind-blowing. Buy!
Oh, one highlight to mention. It's not a song. It's not a usual PG suspect. It's Paula Cole, his vocal foil. One of the best female rock vocalists I've heard, along with Patti Smith and PJ Harvey. Fantastic range, and some serious power there. I've started buying her solo stuff on CD -worth every penny
Scott

I got mine as a gift, american edition (I'm from Brazil).

But the DTS track have a problem: the Left Surround channel is wrong and reproduces the same as Front Left channel during all the concert. Dolby Digital track is normal.

Was is just a defective edition or all of them have the same problem?

I've seen this one in the discount sections, but it stands as a definitve PG concert release to me.

The performances and staging are spectacular. The dts track kicks !

Back