Yellow Submarine to be released on Blu Ray May 29th.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmer

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Let's hope for a nice 24/96 5.1 (or 7.1!!) DTS HD Master Audio soundtrack!! :)

Let's hope for a nice 24/96 5.1 (or 7.1!!) DTS HD Master Audio soundtrack!! :)

And if I may be so bold - with true discreet surround mixes of the songs. The existing DVD surround mixes seem to be made from the final generation 4-tracks (try extracting the surround channels and see if you agree).

J. D.

Yellow Submarine [DVD, Blu-ray]

Feature film [TRT: 89:00]
Fully restored in 4K and presented in the original aspect ratio of 1:66-1
Audio options: English 5.1 DTS, German 5.1 DTS, Italian 5.1 DTS
English Dolby Stereo
Original Mono
Audio Commentary – Heinz Edelmann (Art Director) and John Coates (Producer)
Subtitle languages (feature only): English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Polish, Finnish, Japanese

From: http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/the-beatles-yellow-submarine-reissue-on-dvd-blu-ray-and-cd/

Yellow Submarine [DVD, Blu-ray]

Feature film [TRT: 89:00]
Fully restored in 4K and presented in the original aspect ratio of 1:66-1
Audio options: English 5.1 DTS, German 5.1 DTS, Italian 5.1 DTS
English Dolby Stereo
Original Mono
Audio Commentary – Heinz Edelmann (Art Director) and John Coates (Producer)
Subtitle languages (feature only): English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Polish, Finnish, Japanese

From: http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/the-beatles-yellow-submarine-reissue-on-dvd-blu-ray-and-cd/

I did see that but...the audio options may be referring only (I hope) to the DVD version - it's early yet but a lack of info regarding any additional loving care in regards to the audio is a bit disheartening. Last night Amazon US took the preorder link down even after the official announcement. Seems like there may be a few miles to go yet..

At least it's announced with a 5.1 track. (if that is correct) on Blu-Ray you would expect at least DTS-HD (or maybe PCM)

Somewhat interestingly my DVD of this is still factory sealed. I even bought a spare. It's sealed too.

I still have the laserdisc to play and it probably sounds better.

That amazon link doesn't work, and I couldn't find it with a search either.

And isn't it out of print on DVD? Looks like some amazon sellers are unloading theirs now. They were probably holding on to them for more money. Too bad for them huh?

Somewhat interestingly my DVD of this is still factory sealed. I even bought a spare. It's sealed too.

I still have the laserdisc to play and it probably sounds better.

That amazon link doesn't work, and I couldn't find it with a search either.

And isn't it out of print on DVD? Looks like some amazon sellers are unloading theirs now. They were probably holding on to them for more money. Too bad for them huh?

The Amazon US link was taken down a few days ago despite the "official" release from Beatles.com ( as mentioned in my previous post). Amazon CA still has it up - I'm guessing the Amazon US jumped the gun - it's coming don't worry.

The Amazon US link was taken down a few days ago despite the "official" release from Beatles.com ( as mentioned in my previous post). Amazon CA still has it up - I'm guessing the Amazon US jumped the gun - it's coming don't worry.

we looked one day a few months ago, and you couldn't find a copy of YS anywhere but ebay and for good money.
It would seem your right, they are being unloaded before the BD release.

Back