1st Techno Album - What's Yours?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quad Linda

Staff member
Are you a techno robot? If so, what was the first time you plugged in?

Please list 5.1/Quad/Stereo/Mono, format LP/Q4/Q8/SACD/DTS/DVD-A/8 tk/Cass/4 tk (NOT Quad)/2 ch Reel/Playtape/Tefi, etc. The year and place of purchase are optional. Here's mine:

Kraftwerk 1973 Stereo LP German import. Bought at a small record store on Milwaukee Ave. in Niles, which went out of business soon thereafter. Still looking for this, Krarftwerk 2 and Rolf & Florian, which is my all-time favorite of theirs, on a LEGITIMATE CD. I have the unofficial CD's and original Philips German LP's. My Rolf & Florian is a first pressing with the printed circuit embossed on the cover.

220px-K1-D-front.jpg

My memory is a little hazy, but I think it was probably Kraftwerk "Radioactivity" (LP)

Ralf has said in a few interviews over the years that those first 3 albums will eventually get the proper reissue, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Thrill time - I played on the drum kit that Klaus used on the first KW album (and the Neu! albums etc) while I stayed with him for a couple weeks. Great memories from that trip.

I'm pretty sure it was the essential Jean-Michel Jarre:

165637.jpg

This was also my first CD....before I had a player...

Didn't see this thread before I posted an "electronic" one. Whoops.

Same answer applies. 808 State - "Ex-El."

Back