Alexa Echo Dot

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Yeah, yeah. I have 2 Echo's I bought last Christmas as they were half price. And, I just like shit like that. Generally, I would say I'm pretty savvy at setting things up...but for the life of me, I cannot get these damn things to play music from my Amazon Music account. Supposedly, when you have the Alexa app on your phone, all the information is pulled in somehow. Amazon Music is the default in the settings. Yet, when I tell it to play music it says "Amazon Market Place is not configured correctly"

WTF is Amazon Market Place and what does that have to do with music? I have searched the web, got on Amazon forum and while I find the topic, all of them are due to the person having an amazon account in a different country than they live in. So, the alexa app somehow makes their country wrong. Well, my alexa has the country set correctly. I'm about ready to toss these little bitches in the trash.

I will say, one thing I noticed, is that if I go to Amazon.com and look at devices....no Echo Dot. So, why not??

Well, I've got one, but, everything seems to be working fine on it. I can call up music any time, and the only time I can't get music I want, is when it wants to turn on one of their now-it's-free-we'll-start-billing-you-eventually services, whichever one that is.

I will tell you, the smarter and more tech-savvy you think you are, the dumber Amazon tech support seems to get.

You could try opening up a chat on your Amazon page, but, don't expect anybody capable of either understanding your problem, or your home language; I grew up in Terre Haute, and I'm pretty sure you're not gonna reach anybody familiar with that dialect!

hahaha - I honestly knew better than to post this. No one on this forum likely has them. Ugh........
What a fucking pain in the ass.

Modern technology! The voice recognition on my Sony Android TV won't work when the other A/V equipment is powered up. Also, the remotes on the processor and Oppo sometimes interfere with each other. Can you imagine the resultant communication slugfest if I added one of these Echo beasts to the mix?

Just saw this post from April. Sort of late for a response... We use Alexa and her music all the time. Sunday morning, while we eat breakfast, I'll say: Alexa play some Leonard Cohen. And we are set for the next few hours. No need for high quality sound. It is great to have around the house. I had no problem setting mine up. Did you use the phone app as part of your setup (or maybe you've got it figure out by now)? It is required if you are going to connect your Amazon Music subscription.

When we bought our Echos, they were assigned to the default Amazon member for our household, which is my wife's account. Turns out that, even though our Amazon accounts are joined to the same Household, I can't get Echo to play my Amazon music unless I switch profiles from hers to mine. Likewise, she has to do the same to listen to her music (which is far different from mine). My parents have the same challenge. Might be a clue in case you haven't figured it out yet.

Just a comment from a different perspective...we have multiple Amazon Echoes around the house and we use them for easy turn on and off of various audio/video systems in our home. The wife and kids acceptance factor is very high, since they can now turn on the primary theater with "Alexa, turn on movie theater" and they can turn on the Xbox in the kid's theater with "Alexa, turn on kids games" or "Alexa, turn on kids xbox". Before the Echoes, the remote controls button pushes was the only option and usually I had to turn things on for them. To make this all work requires more devices than the Amazon Echo, however, once set up, it does make some things pretty easy.

Back