Big old Technics

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scottmoose

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Haven't seen one of these for a while (for good reason, judging be the specs., though I'm not that familiar with this model. I suspect a serious lack in the logic department? Still, it's cheap if you're in the UK, and you either like collecting gear, or are financially challenged and deprived of equipment. After all, any quad is better than no quad at all :D )
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3280&item=5700491310&rd=1

I have a couple of similar Technics units, 2 SA6700Xs and a Panasonic SA6400x. I feel that these are undervalued units, they have a lot of power, 3 4 channel tape monitors, and a really cool decoder that Technics developed called Accoustic Field Dimension which utilizes sliding width and depth controls that can also be used in discrete mode, i.e. you can run a cd-4 record and adjust the sound field (known a panorama control these days). Couple this unit with a Tate or QSD-1 and it rocks.

sspsandy said:
I have a couple of similar Technics units, 2 SA6700Xs and a Panasonic SA6400x. I feel that these are undervalued units, they have a lot of power, 3 4 channel tape monitors, and a really cool decoder that Technics developed called Accoustic Field Dimension which utilizes sliding width and depth controls that can also be used in discrete mode, i.e. you can run a cd-4 record and adjust the sound field (known a panorama control these days). Couple this unit with a Tate or QSD-1 and it rocks.

Thanks for the info. Could be useful at this price....

Back