Boz Scaggs - Dig

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cai Campbell

In Remembrance
Since 2002/2003
I know a couple of folks here have commented on how good the Boz Scaggs - "Dig" DVD-A is, but I just had the opportunity to listen to it tonight. Not since the James Taylor - "Hourglass" muti-channel SACD have I listened to a new title from start to finish. I found "Dig" to be equally engaging and just as strong, musically. However, the two artists are very different and there can be no real comparison there, excepting they are both masters of their own form.

The surround mix on "Dig" is used to great effect and compliments the music very well. There are a couple of gimmicky moments, but they actually tie in with the presentation quite nicely and serve to enhance (not detract from) the performance. The mix is very discrete, but not overly so. The soundstage is rich, lush and not at all fragmented. Musically, this disc is superb, and of the highest quality from start to finish. This would be a great disc just to have on CD! The hi-rez surround mix DVD-A is a spectacular bonus. This one gets my highest recommendation!

Jeesh....I was just starting to slow down on my online purchases, and here you go making another "highest recommendation" that I'm going to have to buy! Just quit already! :)

Back