CAN in 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silvahalo007

This may be old news for some, but I just picked up the CAN dvd from 2003 to find there are four 5.1 remixes on the first dvd! Each track is mixed/supervised by a band member and the video of the mixing session accompanies the 5.1 track. Cool! Makes me wish the CAN SACD's from a few years ago were multichannel.

Tracks are;

Smoke - Holger Czukay
Get the Can - Holger Czukay
Below this Level - Jaki Liebezeit
Half Past One - Irmin Schmidt

http://www.amazon.com/Can/dp/B0000CG8CV/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1256395680&sr=1-1

I too wish they had done more 5.1 mixes but I think their source material was fairly limited. If I recall correctly "Flow Motion" was the first album they did on 16 track??? Even that being the case, those albums should have been done...a lot of Rite Time and Can (wrench) would have been really cool.

I think Landed was actually the first album to use multi-track recording. Half Past One also comes from that album.

Yeah, too bad the later albums weren't mixed for surround. Maybe someday...

yes, it was definitely Landed...big "doh" on me as I knew that!!!

And in the "dreaming" category - with Holger having remastered and expanded his early solo albums like Movies and On the Way to the Peak of Normal...those would be awesome surround albums, so much potential.

Attachments

• rare.GIF
    rare.GIF
    53.7 KB · Views: 114
Back