• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Carly Simon No Secrets DVDA

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GabeL

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Hi All,

Well I finally shelled out a significant chunk of change to get this dvda and sadly I didn't really like the music (sounds great, just not what I'm into :(), so I'm offering it up for trade. Since I spent so much on it, I'd be willing to trade for two other dvda's of the rarer variety. Let me know what you've got to trade.

I'd also be very happy to trade for a like new/mint copy of Bowie's Heathen SACD.

Condition wise, this item is in like new condition (normal waviness to back insert), disc has nothing defective that I can see visually.

Cheers,
Gabe

Gabe,

While I understand your disappointment, I'm surprised that, if you're not familiar with the artist or music, you don't spend a buck or two and find a stereo vinyl or tape copy first to preview? With the prices of some titles going higher every week(seemingly), that's the best way to check out the music, if not the mix. My experience is that it's rare when a mix is so good it outweighs any artistic deficiencies or personal dislike you might have of someone(Britney's IN THE ZONE being one of those exceptions, at least IMO).

Of course, many of us not only knew this one in stereo, but in quad, so when the DVD-A came along, it was just a matter of a new MC mix, we were already familiar with the music and Carly, obviously...:D

ED :)

Hey there Ed,

Yeah, usually I do just what you suggest, but in this case, I hadn't ever seen a copy of this album on DVDA anywhere, so I figured, must be worth it. I do recall that at one point I really did like the music on the album, but hey, as time goes on my tastes change.

Oh yeah, and there's always the fear that I many never come across a particular dvda when I see it, so usually I buy all that I see unless it is something I'm 100% sure I won't like. Thus far, this approach has worked well and I either already like the album or I learn to like it. Surround makes many things sound so much richer :).

Cheers,
Gabe

Gabe,

While I understand your disappointment, I'm surprised that, if you're not familiar with the artist or music, you don't spend a buck or two and find a stereo vinyl or tape copy first to preview? With the prices of some titles going higher every week(seemingly), that's the best way to check out the music, if not the mix. My experience is that it's rare when a mix is so good it outweighs any artistic deficiencies or personal dislike you might have of someone(Britney's IN THE ZONE being one of those exceptions, at least IMO).

Of course, many of us not only knew this one in stereo, but in quad, so when the DVD-A came along, it was just a matter of a new MC mix, we were already familiar with the music and Carly, obviously...:D

ED :)

I have a sealed 'Sea Change' DVD-A.

Assuming it was sealed when you got it, what else would you like ?

Back