Extremely High Quality Alert!!! Donald Fagen-"Sunken Condos" LP

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"what's to be done.. with the surround sound in my head!" :eek:

the drummer was ace.. loved hearing Don's keys tinkling and then vamping away at the end!

Wow and furthermore WOW!!!!
I got the LP and it is one of the QUIETEST pressings I have EVER heard in ALL OF MY LIFE!!!!
very very very high quality standard....

I needle dropped it and ...OMG!!!!
NOTHING!!!!!!
I always "ClickRepair" it, but I did NOT have to monitor it in real time..IT WAS THAT GREAT!!
One thing though.... I had to boost the level by 5 dBs, but MAN:::it was definitely worth the 21 Euros!!!!

Conclusion...

GET IT WHILE IT'S HOT!!!!!!

..have you seen the memorabilia????

I just bought this on Record Store Day / Black Friday, and i have to echo the kap'n's sentiments. VERY clean, VERY clear, VERY nice. Wow.

I would have gotten the album if it were recorded on a hunk of wood!
Hey! It's Donald Fagen!!
Being a clear vinyl pressing and the fact that I just love colored discs, I picked it up on vinyl.
Excellent recording, great sounding record and hey... it's Donald Fagen!!!

It should be abundantly clear that a transparent LP is not colored.

I would have gotten the album if it were recorded on a hunk of wood!
Hey! It's Donald Fagen!!
Being a clear vinyl pressing and the fact that I just love colored discs, I picked it up on vinyl.
Excellent recording, great sounding record and hey... it's Donald Fagen!!!

Like this little tidbit:
Pretzel Logic was “finished, and it turned out great,” according to what Scheiner told me, ahem, eight years ago, but we're still waiting for an official release.]

Music Valet, how about releasing this mix? :D

Many things have been announced in printed interviews and online reviews. Let's see if this indeed comes true.

Would be a perfect introduction for the UMG Blu-Ray US Releases (if that ever happens)

Many things have been announced in printed interviews and online reviews. Let's see if this indeed comes true.

Would be a perfect introduction for the UMG Blu-Ray US Releases (if that ever happens)

Is this one (or more!0 to add to the Rumour Mill?

Like this little tidbit:

Music Valet, how about releasing this mix? :D

All I have to say is why? What, are they waiting for?? PL has already sold all the cd's it's going to sell, so, lets go fellas, shit or get off the throne!! "Turned out great" WTF!!! Then you'll sell a boatload! Amazon is calling!!

Yes, 5.1 of course will be ...EXCELLENT (guitar solo...Bill & Ted style!)
but,
having this on LP; gatefold with beautiful artwork and labels, clear vinyl, great quality is something that I'm a REAL sucker for....it's the kind of LP you'd play in a nice small party with best friends, not only to show off , but to listen to the music!

I wish they would finally do it....plenty of interest HERE

again, DF said this album was stereo, because everyone just listens on tiny computer speakers anyway. Well, were not everyone! And, I'll bet it will sell good if MC. Just look at the price's the OOP stuff is getting. Perhaps DF is getting too old? (The album is not all that anyway)

Back