Garth Brooks concert gets loud!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
hahaha, damn...

A Garth Brooks show was so loud it registered as an earthquake

María Luisa Paúl, (c) 2022, The Washington Post
Tue, May 3, 2022

3c497430-cb03-11ec-bd1f-0d310e934180

Garth Brooks performs during the Country Music Hall of Fame Medallion Ceremony on May 1 in Nashville. (Wade Payne/Invision/AP

The song "Callin' Baton Rouge" is infused with a pining love for a Samantha from Louisiana. But as Garth Brooks took the stage Saturday, the country music staple became an ode of seismic proportions to the city that inspired the song's name.
Stage lights flashed yellow and red inside Louisiana State University's Tiger Stadium as a cowboy-hat-clad Brooks - along with a fiddler - jumped into the first verse. Boots started thumping, hands started clapping and a sea of cellphone lights started beaming to the rhythm of a song that has become a tailgate anthem at the Baton Rouge university.

The earth was literally shaken as Brooks and an audience of over 102,000 sang in unison about "send[ing] my love down to Baton Rouge."
The small earthquake was captured by LSU's seismograph - marking the second time in over three decades that Tiger Stadium registered a tremor from cheering fans. The first, WBRZ reported, was when LSU narrowly defeated Auburn University with two minutes left in a 1988 football game.
But more than ever so slightly moving the ground, the commotion increased to dangerous noise levels. Fans' Apple Watches began shooting up alerts about sound levels reaching 95 decibels - warning that spending "[just] 10 minutes at this level can cause temporary hearing loss."
"The noise level in the stadium was insane!" a concertgoer commented on Facebook. "I've seen Garth before but it wasn't like this! He is such a great entertainer. It was my 11 year old son's first concert and he can't stop talking about it."
Saturday was the first time Brooks had played in Baton Rouge in 24 years. But "Callin' Baton Rouge" has been long established as LSU's unofficial alma mater song.

Back