Got slamed by a stereo salesman

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solaris

900 Club - QQ All-Star
Went into (Internation Stereo) the worst chain in western canada today. They were famous for selling the oversized Nuance speaker. These speakers came in sizes book shelf to 8 foot monsters. Now anybody who ever went in to a Internation Stereo left thinking Nuance were the best speakers ever made. And if you never went in one you never heard about them, unless you went into a pawn shop in a city with an Internation Stereo in it. They are cloging up pawn shops and the weekly buy/sell papers. I went in looking to find a DVD-Audio player cheap. Well the store manager told me, every dvd player was a DVD-a player and I said well yes but they don't all play the DVD-A layer. He looked confused, he than took me in the demo room with a Denon player he used to demo DVD-A well the DVD-A logo was not there. Then I asked him if he knew what the logo looked like he changed the subject. He went on to tell me I could get better surround sound out of just two Nuance speakers. Well this was fun, he then droped Nuance and said only Martin Logan speakers can do this after a while. He though my idea of a good speaker was crap "Wilson Audio". The funny thing was this guy had been to the shows and has seen all the equipment out there. To the average guy this salesman is an expert, and this chain was well known for high pressure sales.
Now good news, it was a going out of going out of business sale. :sun
I walked out happy I had never spent a dime there

Back