Hangin' with Gilbert: Need O'Sullivan Quad pics

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eggplant

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
I was chatting with Gilbert's sister Marie who handles orders for his record company, Bygumrecords. They handle current CD releases of Gilbert's discography.
Since she would be talking to Gilbert regarding my order, I asked if she knew of the existence the two GOS quad mixes and whether Gilbert remembers them.

Her response was basically, "Whuh?" I thought sending her a pic of the three quad tapes (two 8-tracks, one QR) might at least let her know they really existed. My hope is that if Bygumrecords has rights to the stereo masters, they may have the quad ones as well.

Anyone have or can make a jpg of the tapes?

Thanks

Last edited:
Here is the Q4 reel information. My wife was and still is a massive Gilbert Fan, she has all the stereo albums, and I got the quad ones for her, the WAF (wife Acceptance Factor ) for my quad system went up 500% !!!

They were also released on CD-4 lp by King records of Japan, but they are VERY rare.

Malcolm

Attachments

• Gilbert Front.jpg
    Gilbert Front.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 101
  • Gilbert rear.jpg
    Gilbert rear.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 102
  • Gilbert reel.jpg
    Gilbert reel.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 100
Here's the other album, Back to front, for what i know a Q8 only release.
Too bad Mam didn't do a quad mix of "Alone Again"

Last edited:
Thanks guys! That was quick.

Does anyone know anyone who knows anyone who knows anyone who might have served coffee once to the seventh mistress of the guy whose crippled stepchild has the Jap CD4's?

Also wondering if any of you have heard the now out-of-print Japanese CD's of BTF or Writer. If so, did they sound like they were from the master tapes? Of course I'd like to know if Bygum's are, but extracting that information may prove challenging. I'll have their CD of BTF soon (autographed by Gilbert) and I'll be able to tell by listening.

One of the members here Quad first has them I believe, just to wet your appetite here is a scan from the lp "im a writer" clearly showing the CD-4 logo.

This does not belong to me unfortunately, I found it on a search.

Malcolm

Attachments

• King%204DL14.jpg
    King%204DL14.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 95
Back