DTS-CD How to split a big dts wav file ?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

drjown

hi all, I've got a big big wav file from private records (with my music group) made by a friend, and I'm looking for a solution to split it in few tracks to be burned on a cd-r .. any idea ?
witch tools do I need ?

thx

[email protected]

Actually, you can treat this like any other wav file and chop it up in a wav editor. However, some decoders do not like to have gaps of no DTS signal between the songs on the target disc.

:-jon

As Jon said or meant to say , Disc at once and cut the tracks as close to 0:00:00 example - 0:00:00:00 to 1:10:74:999 = 1 minute and 11 seconds
So yo don't get a timming error it will cause a
dropout of the signal, and most of the decoders aren't that fast responce wise to keep the flow going!
0] Rob

Just to extend what these guys are saying, you don't want to let your CD mastering software insert gaps between tracks for you. This comprimises the ingegrity of the DTS bitstream and will have various negative results dependent upon the DTS decoder.

To retain the integrity of the DTS bitstream, you cannot have any gaps between tracks. If you want to have a second or two of silence between tracks, then these must be edited into the master audio files before conversion to DTS.

Setting up the track markers for a DTS file can be a bit of a challenge since viewing the DTS file in an editor is not helpful at all. What I do (thanks Tab) is take a pre-DTS master file into the track editor and use it to set the track markings. I save the project and then move the pre-DTS master file to another location and re-open the project. The project cannot find the file you just used and prompts you to locate it. At this point you simply direct the project to the DTS file which it then imports and retains the track markings from the previous file.

The software I use to do this is Sonic Foundry's CD Architect.

That's kind of what I do but in Cool Edit Pro but I have the ability to play the dts wave out from within CEP and listen to it via the digital out to my decoder ! And I can see the file all the way out to the single sample ! So that way I can Make very tight cuts if need be, and at 75 frames per second for cd!
0] Rob

Three different ways:

1) roxio (formerly cequadrat) winoncd allows to load a wav file and mark split points;
2) cdrwin (www.goldenhawk.com) use a cuesheet to inform the program where you want the track change;
3) nero from 5.5.8.x allows to burn a disc using the same cuesheet files of cdrwin.

My solution: i compile a cue sheet (it's very easy, if you want i can provide a sample) and then use Nero for burning.

Back