Icon: Music through the Lens (PBS Series on music photography and album cover art)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quoddiophile

Hello,

I thought that members might be interested in this 6-part series on music photography and album cover art. Through my own album art collection, I know a couple of the principals involved and so I am confident that this will be an excellent series.

The series debuts on Friday July 16 @ 9:00 p.m. E.T. with Part 1 which is an hour long. It continues like this every Friday until Friday August 13 when it culminates with 2 one hour episodes. The link (hopefully) is below:

https://www.pbs.org/about/about-pbs...s-the-thrilling-world-of-concert-photography/
Enjoy!

Jim

Hey @quicksrt have you seen this thread? Looks like it doesn't start on my local PBS station (Sacramento) until July 21st though; otherwise possibly tonight (6PM Pacific time? :unsure:.)
Thought you might like the subject :)

Hey @quicksrt have you seen this thread? Looks like it doesn't start on my local PBS station (Sacramento) until July 21st though; otherwise possibly tonight (6PM Pacific time? :unsure:.)
Thought you might like the subject :)
No, but I'll have to check it out thx!

I just wired up my music server computer with a 50ft Ethernet cable so I could get internet connection to tv, and stream without WiFi involved. And I'm checking out a lot of tv for a change. So I'll find out when I can see this. It looks great thanks

I loved going to concerts as a kid and teen and beyond as my very favorite thing to do. And I just had to capture that joy. I was really possessed and driven to do the photography and nobody asked me to or paid me to. I knew I was odd when other boys would be into comic books with Spiderman or some other super-heroes, and yet I was into Creem and Circus magazines, and that rather than baseball or football games I was into rock concerts. My "super heroes" were Keith Richards, Pete Townshend, Jimmy Page, and the others of British rock royalty. I think it kept me sane in a difficult upbringing.

Sure hope folks here watched this, just finished watching the last (6th) show tonight and it was all a real blast to hear first hand from the photographers and artists that were/are there capturing moments in time.

Lots of great intimate Rock/Pop/Jazz stories told as well; just highly recommended!

Thank you @quoddiophile :😎

https://www.pbs.org/show/icon-music-through-lens/

Back