INTERSTELLAR SUITE is back in business! 5.1 DVDs & BluRays at bandcamp

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey everyone thank you for all your wonderful comments and messages. I'm pleased to report that as of minutes ago we are live at Bandcamp! Blu-Ray/DVD copies of Interstellar Suite are now available for sale! Physical units only. Download versions still in negotiation, (sigh) Press release blurb is below. Thank you all for making this possible. Your enthusiasm was worth all the legal crap!
Amin Bhatia

Canadian William Shatner will be the oldest man in space when he boards the Blue Origin Capsule that blasts off next Tuesday October 12th. Canadian Amin Bhatia feels like the oldest man in synthesizer music now that his Interstellar Suite is finally back in circulation!

After years of license negotiations Amin's space epic “The Interstellar Suite” is finally available again at Bandcamp in both 5.1 and stereo formats in CD, DVD, and Blu Ray. In between composing music for tv shows such as Anne with an E, The Handmaids Tale, Flashpoint, Detention Adventure, The Ray Bradbury Theatre, and Iron Eagle 2, Bhatia has been fighting to unlock the rights to this as well as other releases from his earlier years.

IS25 Download cover.jpeg

The Interstellar Suite is a 40-minute science fiction music and sound story in the orchestral style of John Williams and Jerry Goldsmith but using analog synthesizers from the time of Isao Tomita and Wendy Carlos. In this day and age of modular and vintage synthesizers and a return to pre-digital sounds The Interstellar Suite has found a new generation of fans who perform tracks of the suite in musical ensembles and drum corps competitions world wide.

Amin is very grateful to producers Frank Morrone, David Greene, James Porteous, Paul Novotny and many other professionals who made this re-release possible. Official launch date is Tuesday October 12th, but in honour of Canadian Thanksgiving you can go to Bandcamp now to get your limited release copy.

"…And if anyone knows William Shatner I’d love to get this to him” says Amin.

Hey everyone thank you for all your wonderful comments and messages. I'm pleased to report that as of minutes ago we are live at Bandcamp! Blu-Ray/DVD copies of Interstellar Suite are now available for sale! Physical units only. Download versions still in negotiation, (sigh) Press release blurb is below. Thank you all for making this possible. Your enthusiasm was worth all the legal crap!
Amin Bhatia

Canadian William Shatner will be the oldest man in space when he boards the Blue Origin Capsule that blasts off next Tuesday October 12th. Canadian Amin Bhatia feels like the oldest man in synthesizer music now that his Interstellar Suite is finally back in circulation!

After years of license negotiations Amin's space epic “The Interstellar Suite” is finally available again at Bandcamp in both 5.1 and stereo formats in CD, DVD, and Blu Ray. In between composing music for tv shows such as Anne with an E, The Handmaids Tale, Flashpoint, Detention Adventure, The Ray Bradbury Theatre, and Iron Eagle 2, Bhatia has been fighting to unlock the rights to this as well as other releases from his earlier years.

View attachment 72347

The Interstellar Suite is a 40-minute science fiction music and sound story in the orchestral style of John Williams and Jerry Goldsmith but using analog synthesizers from the time of Isao Tomita and Wendy Carlos. In this day and age of modular and vintage synthesizers and a return to pre-digital sounds The Interstellar Suite has found a new generation of fans who perform tracks of the suite in musical ensembles and drum corps competitions world wide.

Amin is very grateful to producers Frank Morrone, David Greene, James Porteous, Paul Novotny and many other professionals who made this re-release possible. Official launch date is Tuesday October 12th, but in honour of Canadian Thanksgiving you can go to Bandcamp now to get your limited release copy.

"…And if anyone knows William Shatner I’d love to get this to him” says Amin.
I have certainly enjoyed listening to this many times from the earlier round of sales. Highly reccomended purchase if you don't have it yet!

Dear Quad Community...

TODAY 40 years ago, on November 22nd 1981 I won the Roland International Synthesizer Competition, with “Flight Beyond the Stars” which later became “The Interstellar Suite". To celebrate, everything on the Amin Bhatia bandcamp site is 40% off until the end of November! Some tracks are presented for the first time in 96k 24bit audio!

Use the code ROLAND40 at bandcamp checkout. Discount in effect until Nov 30th.

Thank you all for your support and kind words. This site was a huge reason that I was able to get Interstellar Suite and Virtuality re-released.

Bandcamp link: Amin Bhatia
1- Amin Radio 1981 Version 2.jpeg

Attachments

• 3- Roland 5th 300dpi.jpg
    3- Roland 5th 300dpi.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 2- Amin_Bhatia_board_300dpi.jpg
    2- Amin_Bhatia_board_300dpi.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 64
  • Amin Danielle Sequential.jpeg
    Amin Danielle Sequential.jpeg
    146.2 KB · Views: 272
I'm surprised it's not a minimoog!! :)

"Bolero Electronica" off Virtuality is one of my alltime favourite tracks....the instrumentation follows the evolution of synthesizers, starting out with the Electronic Sackbut ( I think? ), and finishing with VST software synth/choral/orchestral tools we have today.

Highly recommended!

Back