Listening now to this stereo/mono CD.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
forgot about this one. Its really good

grandfunksurvival.jpg

3A934E8F-D7CF-415A-B4DE-6C7F12620629.jpeg

The SoulJazz Orchestra - Solidarity

Another album of solid music from this excellent Ottawa world music group.
The sound quality though is dreadful which is odd because their albums usually sound pretty good.
The cover says mono which has me wondering if this was recorded live to cassette or something like that. Sounds like a bad bootleg.

Last edited:
5C39D9D0-9CFF-4B56-8CA6-2647B20F1B54.jpeg
The Little Willies

Have always been curious about this album due to Norah Jones involvement.
The recording is OK, organic in a kind of LoFi way.
Couple of peppy tracks but the music is a snooze overall.
Glad this only cost me $3.99 for a really clean used copy.

View attachment 104173

My original Polydor CD. I still haven’t opened either of my three Level 42 box sets. 🤪
Amen! That original U.S. domestic 1985 (made in West Germany) Polydor (AAD) CD sounds incredible! It's one of the very few discs in my library that I never had the urge to re-buy in the hopes of finding a better sounding remaster.

Amen! That original U.S. domestic 1985 (made in West Germany) Polydor (AAD) CD sounds incredible! It's one of the very few discs in my library that I never had the urge to re-buy in the hopes of finding a better sounding remaster.
I have the original Polydor for:

Standing In The Light
True Colours
World Machine
Running In The Family

From what I’ve read a while back, the discs in the latest box set vol. 1 of those albums sound good but without listening to them or seeing the Dynamic Range compression, I’ll never know. I’m surprised that these newer remastered albums aren’t listed within the Dynamic Range database. I’ve noticed so many artist’s albums are missing that used to be there before. Probably due to being hacked in the past.

Back