• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Many SA-CD's and DVD-Audio discs for sale

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdmack

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
I live near Baltimore, MD, and someone here placed a Craigslist ad to sell off his collection of SA-CD's and DVD-Audio discs for $10.00 each! Unfortunately, I didn't see the ad until a few days after he placed it, and the man said that he had already sold a bunch of titles. But I picked up:

Herbie Hancock - Headhunters SACD (multichannel)
George Harrison - Live in Japan SACD (paid $20 because it's 2 discs)
Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral Deluxe Edition (with SACD)
Bob Dylan - Blood On The Tracks SACD
REM- Document DVD-Audio
Beach Boys - Pet Sounds DVD- Audio

So here's the deal. The man, whose name is Bill, does not have a typed list of what he has, nor does he intend to. If anyone is interested, call Bill on his cell phone ( 410 428 9646 ) or e-mail him ( [email protected] ), and he will be happy to check on specific titles. His shipping charge is $10.00 whether you buy one disc or a bunch (though if someone bought more than, say, 10, he might up that a bit).

When I left, I would estimate he had over 100 titles left. I don't remember any super rare titles (there was no "Brain Salad Surgery", and his copies of "The Nightfly" and Yes' "Magnifcation" were not for sale). But he has a lot of Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, Elton John, Bob Dylan, Miles Davis, etc. (obviously not all the SACD's are multichannel).

So there you go - rare, out-of-print discs for $10.00 per disc. Go for it!

J. D.

Just curious if anyone contacted this guy. I would have thought that someone selling over 100 DVD-A's and SA-CD's for $10.00 each would have generated a little excitement.

J. D.

I did end up contacting Bill and buying a significant number of discs from him (all the Peter Gabriel SACDs he was willing to sell, the Alison Krauss SACDs, various dvda's amongst others). Great guy and phenomenal (and I should say mighty kind/honest) prices.

I bought a dozen or so as well. Nice guy. Most of what he has left would qualify as very fairly priced as opposed to an incredible bargain, but he will treat you right on the shipping. If you are new to this and don't have some of the more common titles, this is a great opportunity. There are a lot of stereo SACDs too, which I don't know or care much about.

Mark Z

I live near Baltimore, MD, and someone here placed a Craigslist ad to sell off his collection of SA-CD's and DVD-Audio discs for $10.00 each! Unfortunately, I didn't see the ad until a few days after he placed it, and the man said that he had already sold a bunch of titles. But I picked up:

Herbie Hancock - Headhunters SACD (multichannel)
George Harrison - Live in Japan SACD (paid $20 because it's 2 discs)
Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral Deluxe Edition (with SACD)
Bob Dylan - Blood On The Tracks SACD
REM- Document DVD-Audio
Beach Boys - Pet Sounds DVD- Audio

So here's the deal. The man, whose name is Bill, does not have a typed list of what he has, nor does he intend to. If anyone is interested, call Bill on his cell phone ( 410 428 9646 ) or e-mail him ( [email protected] ), and he will be happy to check on specific titles. His shipping charge is $10.00 whether you buy one disc or a bunch (though if someone bought more than, say, 10, he might up that a bit).

When I left, I would estimate he had over 100 titles left. I don't remember any super rare titles (there was no "Brain Salad Surgery", and his copies of "The Nightfly" and Yes' "Magnifcation" were not for sale). But he has a lot of Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, Elton John, Bob Dylan, Miles Davis, etc. (obviously not all the SACD's are multichannel).

So there you go - rare, out-of-print discs for $10.00 per disc. Go for it!

J. D.

I posted his info here and had found him on craigslist. I bought what I wanted, only 8 DVD-A but a few were very hard to find (Fourplay, Breezin, and Kamakiriad). Folks, if you're wanting some discs, give him a call.

Anyone contact Bill recently? The craigslist e-mail doesn't work anymore and his cell was turned off when I called just now. Anyone know if he's still in business?

Here's Bill's email address and a list of the dvd-audio discs he still has...I'm sure he still has many SACDs as well:
[email protected]

1.zappa/quadrophilliac,2.mike mcdonald/motown,3gary neuman/anthology,4gary moore/back to the blues,5crystal method,legion of boom,6widesread panic/don't tell band,7humble pie/live at the whisky agogo 1969,8.stone temple p/core,9.(7) neil young albums,10.corrs/in blue,11.tubular bells,12.living color/kalidescope,13.bare naked l/maroon,one other album,14,marvin gaye coolection,15.santana,supernatural and shaman...16.,commander cody,ray charles,fairport convention/close to the wind,best of rem,geoff tate,2 queensryche albums,liars/todd rundgren,everclear ,so much afterglo,uriah heep live,sting/brand new day,peter greens fleetwood mac..live bbc,widesoread panic/ball,glen phillips/albulum,deep purple w london symp.,jane moniet,faith hill/cry,bjork,mountain/live,shedaisy,donovan/fairy tale,brian wilson/live at the roxy theater,trey anastasio,blue mann group/complex,,staind,tipper/surrounded,miss e/so addictive..

Here's Bill's email address and a list of the dvd-audio discs he still has...I'm sure he still has many SACDs as well:
[email protected]

1.zappa/quadrophilliac,2.mike mcdonald/motown,3gary neuman/anthology,4gary moore/back to the blues,5crystal method,legion of boom,6widesread panic/don't tell band,7humble pie/live at the whisky agogo 1969,8.stone temple p/core,9.(7) neil young albums,10.corrs/in blue,11.tubular bells,12.living color/kalidescope,13.bare naked l/maroon,one other album,14,marvin gaye coolection,15.santana,supernatural and shaman...16.,commander cody,ray charles,fairport convention/close to the wind,best of rem,geoff tate,2 queensryche albums,liars/todd rundgren,everclear ,so much afterglo,uriah heep live,sting/brand new day,peter greens fleetwood mac..live bbc,widesoread panic/ball,glen phillips/albulum,deep purple w london symp.,jane moniet,faith hill/cry,bjork,mountain/live,shedaisy,donovan/fairy tale,brian wilson/live at the roxy theater,trey anastasio,blue mann group/complex,,staind,tipper/surrounded,miss e/so addictive..

If that's the Tubular Bells 2003 DVD-A someone should snap it up, seems to me that became rather rare. Oh, and it's a surround treat too!

Thanks for the heads up on this. I contacted George and filled in some gaps in my collection (I picked up 15 titles). A nice guy and a fair price at $10 each. He's still got guite a few left.

Back