HiRez Poll Miracles, The - LOVE CRAZY [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of the Miracles - LOVE CRAZY

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
I'm not ready to cast a vote yet, it will take more listenings before I do that.

A couple of observations. Did every sixties soul group have to turn to disco in the seventies? I have never been a fan of that genre! A recent CD-4 album purchase of The Stylistics "Thank You Baby" even has a track called "Disco Baby" and that was from 1975 before disco even started to dominate. This album from 1977 is right near the peak of disco, is not so surprising. That disco bass gives the album a bit of a muddy sound.

Reading the liner notes, Smokey Robinson left the group to become a Motown executive when they moved to LA. I have always thought that leaving Detroit was a dumb move. Aside from Stevie Wonder, did anything any good come out of Motown post the 1972 move?

My first impression of the first few tracks was that the vocals were rather week, Billy Griffin is no Smokey Robinson. Things seemed to improve toward the end of the album where Billy started to sound a bit more like Smokey.

Two tracks do stand out, first, "Spy For Brotherhood"; I can't believe that Columbia would be so troubled by the lyrics referencing the FBI and CIA as to pull the single!

The replacement single "Women (Make The World Go 'Round)", is the real standout track for me!

The surround effect from this album is excellent, not faked like some other releases from 1977 before the end!

It would be nice if DV would separate releases like this into two discs, I know that would increase the cost but it is a pain to have to change the settings in the player to hear the other stereo only album!

Back