My burning shed experience [RESOLVED]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArmyOfQuad

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
I had a bad experience with Burning Shed that was a case of two humans getting wrapped up in a stupid pissing contest.

At the end of this, Burning Shed generously agreed to send a replacement item for the item that was lost.

At some point during this matter, it came to my attention that Burning Shed has a policy of not replacing items that are lost unless you spring for insurance. I highly recommend springing for the insurance if you make a purchase from Burning Shed.

They've also pointed out that 999 times out of 1,000, even if you don't get insurance, they will work with you or help you. Being that they've helped me out in this situation, I have to say they've proven that to be the case. Still, I recommend springing for the insurance when purchasing from them, and to take note of their no replacement policy for lost items.

At the end of the day, Burning Shed has proven themselves to be a great company that is willing to provide quality customer service to their customers.

Last edited:
I've noticed that when checking out an order from Burning Shed, they give you the option to insure the package for an extra fee (which unfortunately more than doubles the already rather high shipping cost to the US). They state that packages rarely go missing, but recommend insurance when shipping to certain countries (the US is not on that country list). There is also the following statement in the section about adding insurance: "Please note that Burning Shed will not replace missing orders." So it appears that if you didn't insure the order, you might be out of luck.

I have had packages go missing from Amazon, and they have always replaced them without any hassles. If Burning Shed's policy is that missing orders will not be replaced, that does seem like lower quality of customer service than Amazon, but it is clearly stated when placing the order.

I've always had great service from Burning Shed (things like automatically sending out replacement discs when re-pressings are done to fix errors for example), but I've never had a package sent from them go missing yet. The only policy of theirs that I don't particularly like is that they charge your credit card for pre-orders when they are placed instead of waiting until they are shipped. That does not seem to be the industry standard practice in internet retailing.

Mark

I had a package go missing for 2 months once. Not sure where I ordered it from. I went to my local post office for an answer and they had one. Here it is. Turns out it was sitting on a shelf there the whole time. They tried to deliver it, I was not home at the time and it wound up on the non delivered shelf the whole time. You probably checked already but just in case.

I'm glad to see that Burning Shed has decided to replace the lost package for you ArmyOfQuad. Your whole story was rather disconcerting as all of my email interactions with Lisa have always been extremely friendly and helpful.

Springing for the insurance can bring peace of mind, but does add significantly to the total shipping cost. I guess as long as lost items to the US are very rare, and if Burning Shed will work with you to replace them in many or most cases, I will probably continue to take a chance without the insurance - at least for items that only cost $15-25 or so.

Thanks goodness it all worked out for you, AoQ!

Can I ask that a moderator modify the title of this thread to something like "My horrible burning shed experience turned good"
I would just hate for newcomers to see the title of the thread and never order anything from Burning Shed, when I myself have had nothing but 100% satisfaction for their store and customer service.

Yes, I agree that the title should be changed to reflect that this did have a positive outcome.

Back