New to the Quad

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmatich

Greetings from Idaho and thanks for having me.

I'm here at the suggestion of the one and only Steve Woolard, who I've known since our college and post college record store-working days. Since reconnecting in recent years, he's pointed me to some of his notable Quad releases, and I've been slowly picking them up along with numerous box set reissues as my favorites have come out over the years (with the accompanying DVD-A or BluRay 4.0/5.1/Atmos candy).

These "extras" languished in boxes until last Friday, when (at last) I added some Sonance ceiling speakers to the Sonos Arc in my listening room. I'm not the gear geek (lovingly used) that I'm sure many of you are, but even with this simple setup it's been a revelation to say the least.

The new challenges are these:

1. To figure out how to rip and playback these DVD-A and BluRay discs on my NAS via Sonos (or Plex if I must) WHILE maintaining the menu structure of these discs (I've seen the forum threads, but I have yet to dive in). Until then, the BluRay player stands ready.

2. To actually find all the physical copies of those same DVD-A and BluRay discs, which all live in various storage spots here at home. Wasn't sure I would ever need them. I know better now.

See y'all around.

Drew

Welcome! If you dig around here you will find answers to most of your questions. Ripping the audio from SACD, DVD-A and BluRay surround discs can be done with the right software.

I am not sure if you can clone the menu structure of a commercial DVD-A disc. You probably can, but I've never done it. Chances are someone will chime in here with the details of doing so, or confirming my guess, but that's what it is from me.

Welcome! If you dig around here you will find answers to most of your questions. Ripping the audio from SACD, DVD-A and BluRay surround discs can be done with the right software.

I am not sure if you can clone the menu structure of a commercial DVD-A disc. You probably can, but I've never done it. Chances are someone will chime in here with the details of doing so, or confirming my guess, but that's what it is from me.
If your system can play SACD/DVD/Blu Ray iso files, then ripping said discs to iso would definitely be one way to go. I do know that some OPPO players (and Chinoppo devices) can allow you to play such files. Welcome and enjoy the journey.

Back