Peter Gabriel Stereo SACD's

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Guy Robinson

Has someone heard the 3rd one (melting face) yet? I wanted to know what it sounds like. Maybe Cai?

Please let us know!
That album, along with Breakfast in America, conjures up memories of my youth.....damn ...I'm getting old!

Breakfast in America was in your youth? Oh dear; I was just getting out of college when that came out. Does that count as youth? I would love any Supertramp in surround. Its one of the great surround losses that they were planned and not released. Test pressings anyone?
Marc

I bought "3", "So" and "Shaking the Tree." I have last year's remastered version of Security and Shaking the tree. The Security remaster is night and day from the original geffen release. If you don't have it, then get it or the sacd. I could not tell much difference with the remastered Shaking the Tree and the SACD. To tell you the truth I preferred the cd version as the SACD sounded slightly muted, not as bright. I own the UK Virgin release of "3" which I have always loved, and the SACD version is very close to it with the SACD version winning with a slightly more open sound, but it is subtle. I believe Security will be the one with the most dramatic differences and say its a "must own" for those who did not get last year's remaster. For the percussion alone, it's a winner. As for 3 if you do not have the remaster I would recommend it or the SACD for subtle, yet noticeable improvement in sonics. If you already own the remasters, I see no reason to get any of the same titled SACDs. Root for the M/C releases. Can't wait for "Up".

Thanks for the input. I bought the Security SACD yesterday and you are right, the percussion, especially in "Lay Your Hands On Me" is fantastic. The only versio n of #3 that I have is from about 10 years ago.

Okay I bought it on the way home and I have listened to most of it and it is definitely a keeper. I really liked the music on this disc but I remember any other versions of this as being thin. This is definitely not thin. The soundstage is again wide and the sound is clear as a bell with the bass (and percussion elements) being very good. I feel that this one is sonically as good as Security. I can’t see how any remastered CD could come close. I can't think of any CD that I own that sounds this good.

Back