Q8s at Goodwill thrift store

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obbop

600 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Maybe the Goodwill thrift stores in your area (if you do have them) are NOT following the example of those in the Omaha Nebraska area.

Rapping with the gal that sorts, prices and stocks the incoming goodies I mentioned that some 8-track tapes are desireable, but sis not go into specifics. I mentioned 8-tracks since I hadn't seen any at their store lately, either stereo or Q8.

Alas, she told me they just throw them away now, that since hardly anyone buys them that it's not worth messing with them.

Eeeeeeeeek!!!! :mad:@:

Sure, the Q8s are vastly outnumbered by stereo tapes but, once in awhile, a clean decent Q8 would peek out of the pile and wink at me. I've made a few bucks over the years selling them on eBay and, by doing so, kept a vanishing breed in the hands of those wanting them.

I asked her to look for ones that are labeled Q8, telling her what to look for, so that she could put them on the sales floor. Whether she will or even remember to do so is iffy.

Sigh......... who knows what treasures have been tossed into the dumpster, to be hauled away to rot with discarded dinners and the other debris tossed away.

Sniff.

Obbop said:
Maybe the Goodwill thrift stores in your area (if you do have them) are NOT following the example of those in the Omaha Nebraska area.

Rapping with the gal that sorts, prices and stocks the incoming goodies I mentioned that some 8-track tapes are desireable, but sis not go into specifics. I mentioned 8-tracks since I hadn't seen any at their store lately, either stereo or Q8.

Alas, she told me they just throw them away now, that since hardly anyone buys them that it's not worth messing with them.

Eeeeeeeeek!!!! :mad:@:

Sure, the Q8s are vastly outnumbered by stereo tapes but, once in awhile, a clean decent Q8 would peek out of the pile and wink at me. I've made a few bucks over the years selling them on eBay and, by doing so, kept a vanishing breed in the hands of those wanting them.

I asked her to look for ones that are labeled Q8, telling her what to look for, so that she could put them on the sales floor. Whether she will or even remember to do so is iffy.

Sigh......... who knows what treasures have been tossed into the dumpster, to be hauled away to rot with discarded dinners and the other debris tossed away.

Sniff.

Are they actually tossing them or sending them to the as-is store? She may not know that herself, but around here, that's where they go (and they sell them by weight, much cheaper). See what path store returns go.

Back