QRX-777 BIN $225 Go get it QUICK!!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought this would be gone by now - aren't these rather rare? QRX-777? Vario-Matrix?

"""""Various audio magazines described this circuitry in a most confusing manner. Some described Vario-Matrix as a "logic circuit" that improves channel separation. Another writer said it was specifically designed to synthesize a stereo source into a quadraphonic output. Whatever it was intended to do, it sure does sound good. Almost everything I play; FM, Compact Discs, records, whether it's a quad or stereo version, is passed through my Vario-Matrix circuitry. Stereo sounds dull, lifeless, and boring compared to the sound of my quad receiver pumping out the tunes through its Vario-Matrix decoder.""""""

Geeeee..... if the guy is gonna' copy and paste from my Web site at least he could put it in quotes!!!!!!

I wrote the guy and chastised him ( in a polite manner) for stealing my writing nearly verbatim and passing it off as his own.

Feel free to compare:

http://www.geocities.com/quadaudio/page5QS.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3088008054&category=50593

If yer' in the mood jump on over and tell the chap to write his own damn words!!!!! Don't be mean or anything.... just let the guy know that folks are on to him.

I wouldn't trust the guy when he describes the condition since he used MY opinions about the unit's abilities instead of his own. How do we know it even works?

I wrote the guy and included the link to the page he copied from. Also mentioned the copyright act but said I wasn't gonna' do as the greedy corporations do.

I wrote those words 5 or 6 years ago!!!!!!!!

Whadda' bum!!!!!!!!

At least he knows where to go to do his research! :D

PS - This is another one of those "my father's/my grandfather's" deals that make us all feel OLD! :eek:

Received a reply via the eBay message system. Hee hee. The lad groveled quite nicely!!!!! Informed the copy/paster to keep the wording as is but to next time use quotation marks or a mention of the site copied from etc.

It is fair to me but, more importantly, fair to those thinking of bidding because as the auction was written buyers were led to believe that my words were coming from the one selling the receiver.

No big deal to me but I felt that as displayed the auction ad is misleading to potential purchasers.

Regarding the copies of DTS etc items sold on eBay that were originally created by members of the "honorable society" it must rankle them to see their works benefiting others who did little to nothing to create said items.

Oh well..... if the above is the worst that happens to us we gotta' count our blessings!!!! We'll count 'em even more if we can find some of those $5 Tates in the thrift stores!!!!

Wheeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

Use thine imagination and visualize a dancing banana right here----> X

TOO COOL! :p

This would the third known 777, mine and the one pictured on the Sansui collecting site. I paid $125 for mine on ebay but I consider this to be a good buy for $175 w/box (y)

QRX-777 is a European Version of the QRX-7001, the same way a QRX-999 is a European version of the QRX-9001. The European version were black, while the US versions were silver.

The link I have for the old Sansui archive page is now dead.

Back