Quad Copying Service

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of the Quad albums I have I bought because of something unique about the album (1st CD-4s from particular labels, longest playing CD-4, 1st CD-4 mastered with the JVC Mark 3 CD-4 system, an SQ title said to terrorize logic decoders etc.), they are not albums I would have purchased in stereo.

I just have a few (CD-4, SQ, QS) albums that I like the music/artist and would consider decoding and copying to a DTS DVD (for example).

Kirk Bayne

I just have a few (CD-4, SQ, QS) albums that I like the music/artist and would consider decoding and copying to a DTS DVD (for example).
Why not convert them to 'lossless' LPCM and create an Blu-ray audio disc? Which is probably a bit easier than creating 'lossless' packed PCM (.mlp) files for an DVD-Audio disc...

This may seem strange, but that's too high tech for me (I have stacks of media players around - compact cassette, LP[sort of CD-4 capable], [MCH]SACD, Betamax, VHS, CED, LD, CD[&recorder], CD Video, VideoCD, HDCD, HD-DVD, Blu-ray, (UHD)Blu-ray, DVD[&recorders]), when I play media, I use an actual player [part of the fun, to be honest], although lately I play YouTube videos and audios w/PC and tablet and buy some audios from Amazon to play w/VLC player and copy to CDs for car listening.

My experience with used LPs (stereo, SQ, CD-4) has been poor, all of them need (probably) ultrasonic cleaning, I'm researching cleaners, I'm not likely to buy more used LPs until I get a cleaner.

On the other hand, all of my used optical discs (CD, LD, DVD, HD-DVD, [UHD]Blu-ray) purchases have been good, all play properly.

So...to sum up all my rambling, DVD-Rs w/DTS 4.0 copies of the few of my CD-4, SQ, QS (my SQ and QS decoders are non-logic and my CD-4 setup is marginal) albums that I like seems like a good option (the fidelity limit of DTS isn't of much concern to me in this application).

Kirk Bayne

Back