Record Store Day–20 April 2024

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My $89.00 RSD haul today. Combo of new and used. The RSD CD bin was empty.
The Steve Vai and Lee Michaels I owned before. The Waylon Jennings Live is a CD/DVD combo.
Willie Nelson and Wynton Marsalis should be interesting. 10 CD Willie Dixon will be good.
21 Discs total, $89.00, not bad.
IMG_5523.jpg
IMG_5524.jpg

My $89.00 RSD haul today. Combo of new and used. The RSD CD bin was empty.
The Steve Vai and Lee Michaels I owned before. The Waylon Jennings Live is a CD/DVD combo.
Willie Nelson and Wynton Marsalis should be interesting. 10 CD Willie Dixon will be good.
21 Discs total, $89.00, not bad.
View attachment 104635View attachment 104636
What a great assortment. And a good reminder you can buy more than records on Record Store Day.

Well, our local store had a few RSD goodies. I thought about the Neil Young, but then decided I need more Neil Young like I need a hole in my head. 😆 So I passed. I did find this SQ album in the $1 bin. Remarkably in good shape. After record shopping, my wife and I walked down to our local microbrewery and were pleased with a couple of their latest artisan endeavors. Then brought home a pizza. All in all, an enjoyable Saturday for these two old folks!

1000002351.jpg

My vinyl purchases have dropped off dramatically, to the point where it has to be something really special to me. Yesterday's RSD had one such title: "The Great Spectacular" by the Dixie Dregs, an RSD exclusive limited to 1,200 copies.

With only 1,200 available I thought my best bet was to drive an hour to Columbus, but I played a gig on Friday night and got home late and decided it wasn't worth it, especially since I had another gig/late night on Saturday.

This afternoon I found several sealed copies on discogs at list price! I don't know if this makes me lame or practical or both, but I saved two hours of driving and "The Great Spectacular" will be mine within a week!

Definitely looking forward to it! Has started to be a tradition with my daughters here in L.A. Taking the 12 year old (and her friend) this time, and I’ve got my list:
  • America - Live at Hollywood Bowl 1975
  • David Bowie - Waiting in the Sky (Before the Starman Came to Earth)
  • Collective Soul - Dosage (25th Ann. Edition)
  • Mark Knopfler - The Boy EP
  • Ladytron - Light & Magic
  • Filter - The Very Best Things: 1995-2008
  • The Ramones - 1975 Sire Demos
  • Talking Heads - Live at WCOZ
  • Yes - Yale Bowl ‘71
😁
Got everything but the sold-out everywhere Ladytron. (Anyone see a copy at their local store?)

Also added Sonic Youth - Hits Are For Squares and O. Rodrigo & Noah Kahan - Stick Season (for the happy daughter).

With wind chill, it was about 20 out there! My RSD comrades came through and cocooned me in blankets! They were looking out for the old guy!
View attachment 104659
Out of solidarity, I dressed up exactly like you, went outside in the cold, and ordered the one title I wanted online on my phone. It was a fun RSD overall. No one around to talk to but a few pigeons though...

Because i was first in line, and because Tim knows his customers, i received a prize package containing 2 Quad LPs, Beatles collectibles, 20% off coupon, and a $100 gift certificate! The first 40 people in line also received an exclusive Squeezebox RSD tote bag. And, because the trivia contest questions were 4/20-related, i also won two tickets to a Courtney Barnett and Bob Mould show!
Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 8.27.03 AM.png

Last edited:
The guy who made the Squeezebox RSD totes was so impressed with my haul that he printed up this extra large bag for me! Tim called me to let me know he had dropped it off at the Box. He told Tim that the bag is big enough to hold my passion for music! What a great day RSD 4/20/24 turned out to be . . . and continues to be! Stay Surrounded, Comrades!
Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 9.11.48 AM.png

Last edited:
Back