Rhapsody "Prometheus - The Dolby Atmos Experience" (BD-A) is coming on December 9th

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have it now. First impression; not bad at all. Bass is too much, but once on direct mode(less subwoofer) I can crank it.

Shame not all songs are in English, but really good vocals. Worth buying. Will need many listen to absorb this. It exposes how bad my room is, everything on my right side is louder.

Shouldn't direct mode be the standard?

That's why I said it's not all about dynamic range, the Lichtmond discs are among the best surround discs I own. Hate me for this :smokin

Shoot me but I also like them. Due to the compression I can't cranck them up enough (except English L3) but I can live with it.

prom_zpswu1qjyvm.jpg

I am not sure how accurate the DR Foobar plugin is (on multichannel tracks - is just measuring the main fronts? ) - but it shows 11, not to bad. Anyway it sounds great or awesome :smokin My Precious

Yes, the 7.1 mix is DR11, the stereo one is DR7 :(

Shoot me but I also like them. Due to the compression I can't cranck them up enough (except English L3) but I can live with it.

This Rhapsody disc is crankable!

Unfortunately there are authoring issues with this release.

Disc STOPS on track 4, and skips on a couple tracks including 9. I do not know who to contact about this?

Very unfortunate after all the trouble they went through to do this. By the sounds of it Luca wants all releases in Dolby Atmos as well!

Why does somebody not listen before it is released?

The samples sounded promising. Not my sort of music, but a good surround mix would have made it worthwhile.

I haven't managed to stomach any of the tracks long enough to detect authoring problems.

Everything about it irritated me. Vocals in some weird language. Overall sound balance not good - mix disappointing - most of it's right smack dab centre upfront with the surrounds filled with an assortment of extraneous effects and noises.

Not for me.

Sound - 6
Mix - 5
Material - forget it.
Presentation - good.

I gave the Blu-ray a second try tonight. It's not my cup of tea.

I agree with @oxenholme about the material. The lead singer's voice seems to stay on the edge of falsetto, and it just got irritating after about half the disc. Shifting among English, Italian and Latin, with a pretty obvious accent during the English parts, isn't making my evening.

The mix is good, but the material isn't, so I doubt if I'll be keeping this to test my eventual Atmos installation.

I gave the Blu-ray a second try tonight. It's not my cup of tea.

I agree with @oxenholme about the material. The lead singer's voice seems to stay on the edge of falsetto, and it just got irritating after about half the disc. Shifting among English, Italian and Latin, with a pretty obvious accent during the English parts, isn't making my evening.

The mix is good, but the material isn't, so I doubt if I'll be keeping this to test my eventual Atmos installation.
I think the lead singer ruins this album. Horrible vocals. Very shill. No bass. I would have chosen somebody different to sing the material.

Back