DTS-CD roxio's responce on quad to dts

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

roundhousequad

You will get a good chuckle of this.

Thank you for contacting Roxio, the digital media company.
Dear Jim,
I apologize for the previous response. The representative must have
misread your email. To answer you question, Toast with Jam will clean up the
tracks with spin doctor but cannot burn in DTS format. DTS is a surround
sound hifi quality and there is no way you could get that out of an analog
source.
Sincerely,
Edward
Roxio Inside Sales

Telephone: 866-280-7694 or 408-848-5594
Fax: 408-848-5784
[email protected]
www.roxio.com

Any coments out there
:lol:

Well, technically speaking (if you want to call it that) he's right. You can't get DTS "out of" an analog source. It has to be converted!

They don't know the codecs! Maybe I should send them a dts cdr I did back when I used Roxio and now use Nero ! They just don't know that dts is a 16 bit wave file and can be burned to cd . Oh Well ! :rolleyes:
Rob

Ok It will clean it up and if I can get it into my mac with the Qaudio quattro interface. what would I need to convert it then burn it to dts? Please!
Thank you
Jim8o

Hello I have a iMac dvd 400 I upgrading to 10.2.1 I have found a Maudio quattro usb input unit but I'm going to be recording old quadraphonic tapes into my mac. I need software that can clean up four tracks and then burn them in dts format.
can you help me with if Toast with Jam can do this.
Jim Fencl

I have no idea what it's called for the MAC OS but for Linux there's Wine. Wine is software that will open a DOS window and allow the user to run any windows program. This means that SurCode will run on a MAC as it does under the Linux OS. I don't personally know, but I have heard of MAC users running Winblows programs for many years now.

I hope this helps.

QM

It used to be called KIND OF LOUD Audio and I think they where bought out ! Or combined , Or something to that effect! I think for cleaning it up BEFORE encoding you can Use Cool Edit Pro , not sure if it's MAC compatible Thou!
Check the web site ! A good Audio editor with clean up / n.r. should do it ! Not being into Mac I'm not sure of what is available thou! Like Cai said it has to be converted to wave , From aiff I think for Mac via an encoder then you can use Roxio .. If you want to ! Rob

thank you they both look like around the 500.00 range plus protools. Yes we can run them in windows I can work it with toast with jam then open the windows and use somthing to convert and burn. They had to options going to cd and dvd the dvd one was alot more.
I have to be carefull on here the spellcheck freezes up my mac.
thank you guys are great. It might take me some time to set this up but with as many tapes as I have it will be worth it.
Jim

roundhousequad! E-mail me ! You don't have it set up to send a Private e-mail so I can't e-mail You! Just click on the Allaroundsuround on the left side and it will take you to my profile look for send private message and click on it .
Rob

Back