Sade - Life Promise Pride Love (DD 5.1 DVD)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Bright Side

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Hey guys, does anybody this video collection by Sade? Can you comment on the 5.1 mix? Could be interesting.

EDIT: several amazon reviewers say the mix is well-done. I'll see if I can get a copy of this and report here :)

Okay, so I recommend this DVD. Not necessarily for the mix, mind you. The music is mainly in the fronts, with some echoes in the rears, and here and there a very few discrete elements. The surround really only comes into play when there's live action going on - e.g. the chase scene in the second half of "Smooth Operator", or the sounds of rain falling and thunder rolling at the beginning and end of "Sweetest Taboo". Yeah, all the sounds are very well mixed to surround.

So there's that. But add to this the sound quality, which - to my ears, on my mid-level sound system, is really good! Yeah I know we're talking Dolby Digital, but what I hear is great usage of the sub, nice separation across the fronts, and oh man, I hear Sade's incredible voice. It's just all really clear and present. I really like it.

The songs add up to 65 minutes of top-notch, outstanding pop music. But we knew that already. :)

Add to that the fact the videos are consistently great quality. They're really beautifully shot, a pleasure to watch for their style and mood. And, of course, for Sade Adu, who is stunningly beautiful.

So here we go. I say, grab one.

I have the Sade BD "Bring me home" and ist one of the best concerts which I attended. Grab it.

Most of the DVD's from Sade are at least in DD like "Lovers Live" and Sade "Live".

Okay, so I recommend this DVD. Not necessarily for the mix, mind you. The music is mainly in the fronts, with some echoes in the rears, and here and there a very few discrete elements. The surround really only comes into play when there's live action going on - e.g. the chase scene in the second half of "Smooth Operator", or the sounds of rain falling and thunder rolling at the beginning and end of "Sweetest Taboo". Yeah, all the sounds are very well mixed to surround.

So there's that. But add to this the sound quality, which - to my ears, on my mid-level sound system, is really good! Yeah I know we're talking Dolby Digital, but what I hear is great usage of the sub, nice separation across the fronts, and oh man, I hear Sade's incredible voice. It's just all really clear and present. I really like it.

The songs add up to 65 minutes of top-notch, outstanding pop music. But we knew that already. :)

Add to that the fact the videos are consistently great quality. They're really beautifully shot, a pleasure to watch for their style and mood. And, of course, for Sade Adu, who is stunningly beautiful.

So here we go. I say, grab one.
The sound quality is excellent for DD: great mastering.
I agree 100% with your comments on the mix.

Just listening to this again. I don't have anything new to say, but hey, it's been 8 years since we last talked about this little DVD, and with it being dirt cheap used, there's no reason not to bring it back into the spotlight for those of you who might have missed this conversation the first time around.
Looks like you covered it pretty well in post #2 above; and hey new Avatar (y)

Would really like some proper surround mixes of her stuff!

Back