Sansui - Noisy Variable Resistor -

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sansui7500

Hello guys - I made a post regarding my Sansui QRX-7500 having static noise in the front “A” speakers only when in Quad Synth mode. Tonight I dug in a bit deeper and found the issue is a noisy variable resistor “VR07” which is a 100k variable resistor used on the F-2047 Vario-Matrix board.

Are there easy to replace? Is there any way to quiet them down vs replacing? I have never had one go on me so thought I would ask you folks here. When I touch the resistor with a wooden probe it makes all kinds of noise when touched even in the slightest.

Thank you for your help. I will attach an image of the board & a close-up of the part needed.

Thank you again!

Attachments

• IMG_5258.jpeg
    IMG_5258.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5260.jpeg
    IMG_5260.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Hello guys - I made a post regarding my Sansui QRX-7500 having static noise in the front “A” speakers only when in Quad Synth mode. Tonight I dug in a bit deeper and found the issue is a noisy variable resistor “VR07” which is a 100k variable resistor used on the F-2047 Vario-Matrix board.

Are there easy to replace? Is there any way to quiet them down vs replacing? I have never had one go on me so thought I would ask you folks here. When I touch the resistor with a wooden probe it makes all kinds of noise when touched even in the slightest.

Thank you for your help. I will attach an image of the board & a close-up of the part needed.

Thank you again!
A squirt of electrical contact cleaner or drop of DeOxit might fix it. Replacement potentiometers are readily available on eBay or Aliexpress, for very little money. Search for 100K Trim Pot. It doesn't have to look exactly the same as long as the leads will fit your board.

A squirt of electrical contact cleaner or drop of DeOxit might fix it. Replacement potentiometers are readily available on eBay or Aliexpress, for very little money. Search for 100K Trim Pot. It doesn't have to look exactly the same as long as the leads will fit your board.
Great to know - you have been very helpful 🌅

Great to know - you have been very helpful 🌅
I agree about the DeoxIT. It has saved numerous pots for me, as well as corroded RCA jack inputs, and electrical contact points in general. I use the small D100L tube. Only need a drop or two in most cases.

Back