TV Streaming Services and their Content

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Beatles "Get Back" (Disney+)

*Waiting for Billy!

yep, watched the first hour and a half this morning, but had to shut it off because I was getting a little annoyed with it to be honest. Even though it's great to experience an intimate look at how they worked, and yes, "Played" with these songs; there is also a lot of just horsing around. So I'll need to pace myself for this and watch it in chunks. And we're really only seeing an edited down version of all the available material. Even at that, I'm thinking they should have done a "Documentary" (like this is) and a second version further edited down into a quicker paced film.

So I'm waiting for when Billy Preston shows; because I just have a feeling he'll help re-invigorate and focus them. Watching the interaction between Paul and George on the mechanics and process of writing these songs was a little painful. I was also surprised, so far at least, just how little input and vocalized John was in this process; I was imagining he'd take more of a commanding role in keeping everything rolling along, but he seemed just as lost as the rest of them. Maybe, I was just expecting a more regal and experienced process from them, but I see them pulling away from each other as the band that was nearing the end and losing focus and inspiration as a unit.

One little thing on a musician aspect, was how Paul was playing some things with his 4 string bass, and strumming it like a guitar during initial development for the song, to better display and bring out the rhythm.

Last edited:
The Beatles "Get Back" (Disney+)

*Waiting for Billy!

yep, watched the first hour and a half this morning, but had to shut it off because I was getting a little annoyed with it to be honest. Even though it's great to experience an intimate look at how they worked, and yes, "Played" with these songs; there is also a lot of just horsing around. So I'll need to pace myself for this and watch it in chunks. And we're really only seeing an edited down version of all the available material. Even at that, I'm thinking they should have done a "Documentary" (like this is) and a second version further edited down into a quicker paced film.

So I'm waiting for when Billy Preston shows; because I just have a feeling he'll help re-invigorate and focus them. Watching the interaction between Paul and George on the mechanics and process of writing these songs was a little painful. I was also surprised, so far at least, just how little input and vocalized John was in this process; I was imagining he'd take more of a commanding role in keeping everything rolling along, but he seemed just as lost as the rest of them. Maybe, I was just expecting a more regal and experienced process from them, but I see them pulling away from each other as the band that was nearing the end and losing focus and inspiration as a unit.

One little thing on a musician aspect, was how Paul was playing some things with his 4 string bass, and strumming it like a guitar during initial development for the song, to better display and bring out the rhythm.
I vividly remember the Beatles breaking up, and watching the roof top performance on the BBC news! So a big Beatles fan, but I did the same on the first instalment, an hour and half is just about it in a single sitting, its good, but it is more of a sitting there in real time in the room with the band than a documentary. The interesting part was watching the band interact as they write/arrange songs. They were also having fun.

LOST IN SPACE
Netflix - Season 3 (Coming Wednesday Dec. 1st - the last season)
In an epic final season, the Robinsons' survival instincts kick into hyperdrive as they race to reunite and protect Alpha Centauri from a robot invasion.

1638224547202.png

Funny how random dots eventually connect & make a picture. Or something like that....

I was re-reading a great thread started by Scifi about R. Crumb this morning. Eventually @boondocks mentioned The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers and a few replies about that.

Later on I was skimming over a NY Post article on line & came across a piece on John Goodman's 200 pound weight loss! Now I've been trying for 3 months just to lose 10lbs at the request of my Dr Dr Mr MD, to no avail so of course I read the article.

There was pic of John Goodman looking slim & trim in California on the Red Carpet for the premiere of The Freak Brothers!!

Say what??

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/freak-brothers-animated-series-fox-tubi-1235033726/
:smokin

Well how cool is that, an animated FFFB's series. I had no idea. Here's one of the less raunchy teaser previews:

Now it seems this is all on a streaming service called Tubi. Barely I remember seeing bill boards for this a couple of years ago in NY. But otherwise this was way out of my spectrum of awareness. Looks like it's free, with some advertising but less than network/cable services (the website says).

I haven't had a chance to sample it but browsing there is some very interesting stuff besides The Freak Brothers. They have a good selection of musicals & movies about music.

https://tubitv.com/
Oh yeah, and Goodman lost all that weight by sticking to the Mediterranean diet, portion control, & exercise. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Funny how random dots eventually connect & make a picture. Or something like that....

I was re-reading a great thread started by Scifi about R. Crumb this morning. Eventually @boondocks mentioned The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers and a few replies about that.

Later on I was skimming over a NY Post article on line & came across a piece on John Goodman's 200 pound weight loss! Now I've been trying for 3 months just to lose 10lbs at the request of my Dr Dr Mr MD, to no avail so of course I read the article.

There was pic of John Goodman looking slim & trim in California on the Red Carpet for the premiere of The Freak Brothers!!

Say what??

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/freak-brothers-animated-series-fox-tubi-1235033726/
:smokin

Well how cool is that, an animated FFFB's series. I had no idea. Here's one of the less raunchy teaser previews:

Now it seems this is all on a streaming service called Tubi. Barely I remember seeing bill boards for this a couple of years ago in NY. But otherwise this was way out of my spectrum of awareness. Looks like it's free, with some advertising but less than network/cable services (the website says).

I haven't had a chance to sample it but browsing there is some very interesting stuff besides The Freak Brothers. They have a good selection of musicals & movies about music.

https://tubitv.com/
Oh yeah, and Goodman lost all that weight by sticking to the Mediterranean diet, portion control, & exercise. :rolleyes:

I'm eating tator chips at my 'puter while reading this -Honey Dues what keeps my girlish figure - :LOL:😋

LOST IN SPACE
Netflix - Season 3 (Coming Wednesday Dec. 1st - the last season)
In an epic final season, the Robinsons' survival instincts kick into hyperdrive as they race to reunite and protect Alpha Centauri from a robot invasion.

View attachment 73961
I love good sci-fi but this show drives me crazy! Too much reach for character development at the worst timing. During the most critical scenes, the characters have to stop their emergency frantic work and calmly chit chat for 5 minutes, totally destroying any action flow. Rarely does anything go right for these poor folks, constantly trying to create drama (worse than 4-ear ;)) The concepts weren’t too bad but the writing- ahhhhhhhh!!!!!

I love good sci-fi but this show drives me crazy! Too much reach for character development at the worst timing. During the most critical scenes, the characters have to stop their emergency frantic work and calmly chit chat for 5 minutes, totally destroying any action flow. Rarely does anything go right for these poor folks, constantly trying to create drama (worse than 4-ear ;)) The concepts weren’t too bad but the writing- ahhhhhhhh!!!!!
Is it like the original TV series where every week a 'big-budget' alien which looks like a rolled up carpet attacks them, the spaceship control systems spit out sparks and smoke, and the Robbie the Robot runs for hours on a battery the size of a matchbox?

Is it like the original TV series where every week a 'big-budget' alien which looks like a rolled up carpet attacks them, the spaceship control systems spit out sparks and smoke, and the Robbie the Robot runs for hours on a battery the size of a matchbox?
Danger Will Robinson!

Ha Ha, yeah no, totally different. Parker Posey is a conniving Dr. Smith and lots and lots of CGI robots.

Also the science is bogus; as Alpha Centauri is a gravitationally bound system with Red Dwarf stars and most likely too much radiation for any life.

Also the science is bogus; as Alpha Centauri is a gravitationally bound system with Red Dwarf stars and most likely too much radiation for any life.

Yeah that's totally why I've never got around to watching this on Netflix.
Way back when I was much more a fan of the original Lost in Space series compared to Star Trek. Cuz you know, Judy....

I liked this show. It's not great, but it's better than most of the dreck out there. Three seasons is enough, though.

Now Streaming on Disney+

View attachment 74794
I'm saving that for tomorrow and the next week, there is not much on conventional TV I want to watch, and I'm trapped! Anymore good Sci-Fi suggestions?

I have tested positive for Covid and must not leave the house for 10 days, so until the 7th at the latest, may be the 5th at best if I have 2 negative lateral flow tests on 3rd/4th of January. I suspect its the Omicron variant, as I'm triple jabbed and had the 3rd 4 weeks ago. I met a friend in the pub on Xmas Eve and they've tested positive also, luckily his wife tested negative (she doesn't go to the pub) as she works front line for the NHS.

Its crazy I was sitting down at a table having a beer and chatting when this 19-20-ish knuckle dragging tw*t came and tried to start a fight with me (I'm 64 for goodness sake!), because he thought I looked like a Tottenham Hotspur fan (I don't watch or even like football/soccer, but I do know they normally play in Blue or White, and I was wearing Red!). So I had a half-wit breathing right in my face, then because I didn't bite he did the same to my friend, before he wandered off as he was unable to start a fight - so that is how I think I caught it. So no New Years celebrations for me down the pub tomorrow :mad: Luckily as triple jabbed I just feel unwell, not ill, but my concentration is shot.

Back