Suggestions on portable devices to play music only...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Hello QQ brethren...
My sis in law is asking me bout this; I have 2 old ipods that can't be tinkered with anymore (or ARE THEY?) and she wants a portable device to listen to music...
ANY SUGGESTIONS????

thanks girlas and boyos!

For what it's worth, I just use my Android phone running a player called JetAudio+. Works great on its own but also interfaces nicely with Android Auto in the car. But if she's in the Apple universe, that may not help her.

I agree with @atrocity...

Old Android phones with microSD card slots are pretty good for listening to music. Plus you don't need iTunes to transfer audio files to them ;)
And if you're a fellow fan of the LMS system, an old Android phone with the appropriate software player makes a fantastic wireless Walkman for playing music from the server.

I agree with @atrocity...

Old Android phones with microSD card slots are pretty good for listening to music. Plus you don't need iTunes to transfer audio files to them ;)
When I travel for work thats what I use, apart from the music I also have all the old "The Navy Lark" BBC radio comedy series, relieves the boredom on the plane!

My audio tools for travel / pool / what-not include combinations of these:
iPad, iPhone. Klipsch Bluetooth speaker, Sony Bluetooth headphones

iPad + Klipsch speaker for pool (iTunes library 1100+ songs for random)
iPhone + Klipsch for my old bands archive (on Soundcloud) from BBQ grille
iPhone - Sony headphones for travel with specific albums and Apple podcasts
iPhone + Aux in vehicles for podcasts or my own stuff

Back