T-Rex "Born to Boogie" Special Edition (3-Disc)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neil wilkes

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
This is a real find, and a big "woot" to Philly Bob for the URL to this beauty.
Sadly, I cannot remember it though - Bob?

Content is outstanding.
There is a fully restored version of the legendary film, plus the full concerts - both the evening & the matinee performances - from the Empire Pool in Wembley, London (tickets were a reasonable 75 pence at the time) on 18 March 1972 (the only 2 shows ever properly filmed & recorded).
Audio is superb with 5.1 in DTS9624 and DD, and this time the stereoheads lose out with just DD stereo (should have been LPCM really, IMHO)

I will post a full review on this (with contents listing) as soon as I have digested it all.....
highly recommended on first viewing though

Neil - I completely agree with your assessment - excellent sound and images. The movie itself is very "of it's time" lot's of non-sequitor silliness courtesy of first time director Ringo Starr. But I digress - I have the special edition 2 DVD set. I was unaware of a (3-Disc) set and cannot seen to find one in searching the usual sources.

Japanese special limited edition 3 disc set:

h**p://cgi.ebay.com/MARC-BOLAN-T-REX-born-boogie-Japan-3-DVD-/190506239542?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5b0e8636

This is who we got ours from.

The extra (3rd) disc is T.Rex Live in Japan 1972

Well, sort of live in Japan anyway.........
It's more a kind of photo montage from the tour. Lots of Japanese needed, or disc is essentially pointless from a musical point of view.
Just Dolby stereo over a slidwshow.
The real gems are on the first 2 discs

Back