HiRez Poll TesseracT - WAR OF BEING [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of TesseracT - WAR OF BEING

• 10: Terrific Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Please post your thoughts and comments on this new release from TesseracT entitled "War of Being".
The 5.1 surround and Dolby Atmos mixes of the album were completed by @Bruce Soord

KSCOPE594-MOCKUP-w-stickers.png

KSCOPE593-MOCKUP.png

SPECIAL-EDITION-MOCKUP-COVERS.jpg

I've almost every release of TesseracT. So I was surprised when I saw the announcement of kScope that this release will contain 5.1 & Atmos mixes done by Bruce Soord. Immediately pre-ordered!

Mr. Soord did a good job.
You have to crank it up, because it is a dynamic 5.1 mix (DR13). So it is not fatiguing which is often the case when listening to overcompressed and brickwalled productions. Especially in the metal genre. But not only this genre.
Even the 2.0 Mix has a DR9. Have to listen to it soon.

The Music (containing growls, yes) is also well done. May be not for everyone. You have been warned! ;)

Because of no Atmos setup I can only rate what my 5.1 equipment plays back. And that is a 9 over all (music, mix, sound, dynamics and package - a stand alone BD-V for a fair price).

Last edited:
Mr. Soord did a good job.
You have to crank it up, because it is a dynamic 5.1 mix (DR13). So it is not fatiguing which is often the case when listening to overcompressed and brickwalled productions. Especially in the metal genre. But not only this genre.
Even the 2.0 Mix has a DR9. Have to listen to it soon.

This is also the first thing I noticed about this release, you can absolutely crank it with no fatigue. I mean to reference levels and beyond. I wasn't aware of the DR numbers but knew they had to be good.

Metal needs to be played loud in order to be properly enjoyed.

While I enjoy all their albums (although I need to temper that enthusiasm by noting that I do not consider myself a 'fan' by any definition), this is becoming my favorite of their works. The stereo mix, of which I had already become familiar in the past week+, is very good. This plays into my 9 vote for the bluray 5.1 release (non-atmos surround). The main nits against it receiving a 10 would be the lack of bass guitar overall in the mix (the stereo mix suffers from this as well), the ever present and mixed slightly too forward snare and kick drums, and the 5.1 experience not adding much to my enjoyment of the songs that I get from the stereo mix. 9 is still a strong grade from me. There's plenty of vocals and other tidbits in the rears, good use of the center and sub channels although they primarily serve the vocal, snare, and kick drum respectively. I need to check out the other content. I applaud them including the lyrics and some art with the standalone bluray, I will be reading along next listen.

Last edited:
Back