The new Look To Windward single and Blu-ray pre-order are LIVE (+free 5.1 download)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LTW

QQ Supporter
Hey all,

The new single for my prog-rock/metal project Look To Windward is out now along with the launch of the Kickstarter campaign to fund a CD/Bluray release of the album. I'm also giving you guys an exclusive free download of the 5.1 mix for this song as a bit of a teaser: 'When You Go Away' (5.1 mix) Google Drive.
This forum has been a great resource for me and I really appreciate all my fellow multichannel geeks. It inspired me to tackle multichannel for this album.

TLSS_Kickstarter_poster_kickstarter_SM.jpg

You can support the Kickstarter here: LINK
I'm planning a CD/Blu-ray combo digipak with the 5.1 mix and a full length animated 'visual album' on the Blu-ray. I work in the VFX industry so this was an opportunity to combine some of that knowledge with my music.
Thanks to anyone who contributes!

Andrew

The CD/Blu-ray combo digipak for 'The Last Scattering Surface' is now available for purchase on Bandcamp.

DSC07132.jpg

DSC07134.jpg

It features the album on CD, a 12 page booklet with artwork and lyrics and on the Blu-ray; PCM stereo and DTS-HD 5.1 mixes, full length 'visual album', the 'When You Go Away' music video and DTS-HD 5.1 mix of the song 'In Fantasy'.

Note that the Blu-ray disc is BD-R. It's not feasible to have glass mastered Blu-ray's manufactured at small quantities and small budgets! It has been correctly authored as BDMV so should play on any player that recognizes BD-R.
Bandcamp link

The digital download of the 5.1 mix is also available for purchase on IAA.
https://immersiveaudioalbum.com/product/the-last-scattering-surface-look-to-windward-5-1-flac/

Is there any way to preview some of the visuals included on the blu-ray? I lean toward downloads whenever available, but I would be interested in a visual component if I felt it enhanced the experience.

The CD/Blu-ray combo digipak for 'The Last Scattering Surface' is now available for purchase on Bandcamp.

View attachment 107728
View attachment 107729
It features the album on CD, a 12 page booklet with artwork and lyrics and on the Blu-ray; PCM stereo and DTS-HD 5.1 mixes, full length 'visual album', the 'When You Go Away' music video and DTS-HD 5.1 mix of the song 'In Fantasy'.

Note that the Blu-ray disc is BD-R. It's not feasible to have glass mastered Blu-ray's manufactured at small quantities and small budgets! It has been correctly authored as BDMV so should play on any player that recognizes BD-R.
Bandcamp link

The digital download of the 5.1 mix is also available for purchase on IAA.
https://immersiveaudioalbum.com/product/the-last-scattering-surface-look-to-windward-5-1-flac/
Cool, ordered the BDA from Bandcamp.

Wow, thanks! Like your music, the visuals appear to be very compelling and will indeed enhance the experience. I guess I'll go with the blu-ray on this one.
thank you for the support :) the visuals were probably the most challenging part of the project to create

I've watched and listened to this new release from Andrew McCully and not just once, as it's been on repeat.
If I've got music on repeat then I sure do like it ..and I like this release a lot.
As he says, it has been a labour of love, as he has been working on it from August 2020 to February 2024.
So many layers and it's very discrete.
With top notch fidelity.
Fantastic music.
The visuals are sooo good šŸ‘.
Another release that deserves being promoted to all of us on the good ship QQ and beyond.
And yes 'Clem' it's another release I'm salivating over šŸ˜
Thank you Andrew.
I look forward to your next release

Back