Timothy Leary Is Dead (Moody Blues) - No, his LSD may cure anxiety?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While attending college in the late 60's, a barefoot, long white robed Dr. Timothy Leary spoke at a packed gymnasium and seriously, what I took away from the proceedings ...you had to be HIGH on LSD to comprehend a single word he uttered!

TURN ON, TUNE IN, DROP OUT was the counterculture phrase attributed to Dr Leary which he famously introduced to a crowd of more than 30,000 'hippies' at San Francisco's Golden Gate Park in 1966!

And now with the medicinal benefits of the pschedelic drug currently being hawked as a positive panacea for depression....it does seem

EVERYTHING OLD is indeed NEW AGAIN!

Timothy Leary isn't DEAD ...... his 'pragmatic' teachings have just re~emerged from an 80+ year hiatus and perhaps with the proper dosage and supervision its meritorious effects can benefit all those non hipsters recovering from the scourge of a devastating world wide pandemic!

Stay Tuned

Dr Timothy Leary Archives

Last edited:
I remember reading that when Hoffman, a Swiss chemist, was working on LSD he had evidently a pan of the liquid and having been in close proximity inhaled the vapors. Since he rode his bicycle to and from work it must have been an interesting trip home!

Unfortunately Leary's antics set back legitimate research with psychedelics by 50 years. I received my PhD under Duncan Blewett who with Hoffer and Osmond in the 1950's used LSD to treat severe alcoholism - more modern studies are now replicating that work. Blewett famously said, "I took LSD to find out what it was like to be crazy. Instead, I found out what it was like to be sane." Three days ago I testified at the CT state legislature in support of a bill to decriminalize personal amounts of psilocybin mushrooms.

Though I do admit, listening to a scratchy mono 78 disc while 'high' could sound better, more interesting, and more involving (see what I did there?) than a good quad setup. 😁

I read where there is a "clinic" in Mexico whereby people are given "shrooms" and undergo their own private experience in a supposedly clinical setting.
Only read one person's journey though.

Here in Florida, with vast acreage of cattle farms, in some areas psilocybin mushrooms grow in great abundance: seems they like the decaying cow poop.
I used to work for a phosphate mining company doing core drilling as to ascertain how much phosphate were in an area. I used to pick the shrooms, pinch the stem off to verify they were the proper ones (some varieties when the stem is pinched off at the "ring" the stem will turn a crystal blue quickly as a means of identification) put them in a baggie and put them on ice on a cooler, where I would take them home and freeze them as a repository for people I knew who liked to partake.

The stems themselves have atropine and/or other substances that can make one ill, so they are not consumed at least in this species.

Back