What's the Latest Stereo (or Mono) SACD in Your Collection?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For some odd reason I assumed these were SHM SACDs, But otherwise you wouldn't want these titles in jewel cases since they'd be CDs.

Actually in the 100 reissued SHM-SACD titles they will be in jewel cases not the usual cardboard sleeves...probably couldn't justify the expense for a limited run of these re-issues..read the description on THIS

OK, if we're talking about the SHM-SACDs by the Stones vs. the ABKCO SACDs - they may indeed be in jewel cases. Or the newer deluxe white cases new SHM-SACDs come in these days. On the other hand, if they are from ABKCO, jewel cases usually mean the Stereo CD versions of the albums, not the SACDs which were released in digipaks.

OK, if we're talking about the SHM-SACDs by the Stones vs. the ABKCO SACDs - they may indeed be in jewel cases. Or the newer deluxe white cases new SHM-SACDs come in these days. On the other hand, if they are from ABKCO, jewel cases usually mean the Stereo CD versions of the albums, not the SACDs which were released in digipaks.

I thought I was very clear about them being SHM-SACDs..hence the list I provided...probably had to save some money as these re-issues are cheaper(about $10)than the original...ALL the 100 titles are going to be in these jewel cases...

I thought I was very clear about them being SHM-SACDs..hence the list I provided...probably had to save some money as these re-issues are cheaper(about $10)than the original...ALL the 100 titles are going to be in these jewel cases...

If these are the SHM-SACDs, then jewel cases are fine! :)

Camel "Snowgoose" SHM-SACD, a really good transfer at a good price, from CDJapan (packaged in bubble wrap in a sturdy cardboard box, amazon please learn!)

The Cat - Jimmy Smith/Lalo Schifrin (SHM-SACD 100 Ltd Ed Reissue Series).

image.jpg

The Cat - Jimmy Smith/Lalo Schifrin (SHM-SACD 100 Ltd Ed Reissue Series).

View attachment 16513

Thanks for posting a picture of that SACD from the re-issue series..I had a hard time explaining to a couple of posters on another thread that these SHM-SACD reissues were in a jewel case...not the cardboard sleeve...like they usually are...that's suppose to a great sounding disc Adam..

Thanks for posting a picture of that SACD from the re-issue series..I had a hard time explaining to a couple of posters on another thread that these SHM-SACD reissues were in a jewel case...not the cardboard sleeve...like they usually are...that's suppose to a great sounding disc Adam..

Oh no! That's a stock photo! :eek:

Hang on..

Look at the series of posts above this one

Oh dear.. nobody's a fussier bugger than me but does it really matter the reissues are now in jewel cases? I've wanted this mastering for so long but refused to stump up the inflated OOP prices for the original SHM-SACD release, I literally couldn't give a monkeys' if the reissue came in an envelope at this stage, I'm just thankful it got re-released at all..! :D

The reissue is definitively in a jewel case. I don't know where the confusion has come from?

The confusion probably comes from post #322 which clearly shows the original cardboard packaging.

So... what is so special about The Cat?

Last edited:
Back