What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also tend to think that it is EV4
that sticker was on the early EV4 disc's
But it is hard to tell as the QS decoder players EV4 better than any EV4 decoder ever did

Hi. All
I don't no if this is been brought up before, but could anybody shine some light on these Quad symbols what is ( EV4 or QS )
I know the top is EV4 but what are the rest .
Might you Quad Linda through your wisdom on this.
Bill....

PIC7.jpg

I know Ovation used the same gold/brown label for some QS discs, but the EV-4 indicator was sheared off the label's bottom portion.

Those Project 3 labels are too generic to say for certain they were all used on EV-4 discs.

Interesting to see the 4S from Teichiku. What record company utilized the last label, Bill ?

I won't try to answer your questions. I'll let the "ex-sperts" on here do that, but...I do firmly feel that any time Quadraphonic records [or anyother format] is listed with the word "stereo", it becomes a missnomer or maybe oxymoron. The record is either Quadraphonic or it's Stereo, but not both. And don't tell me it's "compatible". I don't want to hear it.

Hi. ALL
The last one is, this album and there is a view more.

I know Ovation used the same gold/brown label for some QS discs, but the EV-4 indicator was sheared off the label's bottom portion.

Those Project 3 labels are too generic to say for certain they were all used on EV-4 discs.
Interesting to see the 4S from Teichiku. What record company utilized the last label, Bill ?

Q1.jpg
Q2.jpg
Q3.jpg

Last edited:
Did you get an SQ decoder, Adam?

Not yet Linda :eek: I'm doing pretty much what I did with DVD-A and SACD back in the day.. though back then I was buying discs without having an SACD or DVD-A player.. now I'm buying SQ LPs before I get a decoder.. I'm a fruit and nut case, I know.. but there's method in my music.. I mean a message in my madness.. a message in our music..!!! :ugham:

Not yet Linda :eek: I'm doing pretty much what I did with DVD-A and SACD back in the day.. though back then I was buying discs without having an SACD or DVD-A player.. now I'm buying SQ LPs before I get a decoder.. I'm a fruit and nut case, I know.. but there's method in my music.. I mean a message in my madness.. a message in our music..!!! :ugham:

I guess MFSB in SQ would be your next logical aquistion ?

Sleeves not in great nick at all but the LP itself looks pretty good (definitely around the VG mark the seller graded.. and for £7.99 I'm not complaining..!)

image.jpg

"You've got to give the people..
Give the people what they want.."

Ok guys and girls, I need your advice, please! :)

Just to put you in the picture where I'm at..

I've just transferred these two O'Jays SQ LPs to the computer.. no idea if there's any advantage but set my M-Audio interface up at 96/24 anyway? De-clicked Survival.. Message In The Music doesn't seem to need it, sounds lovely, the records obviously in much better nick..

..and played it all back thru Pro Logic II Music just for fits and giggles.. and well.. do you know what?

I am.. AMAZED..!! :yikes

Especially Survival.. it must just be loaded with Quad goodness!

There's strings, harmony vocals, percussion it's all going on back there and clearly stuff that's isolated already from the lead vocals and so on.. I am staggered such a method even approximates any kind of "effect" from SQ as I'd been led to believe SQ thru PLII would be a waste of time.. still I just know it must be miles better decoded the right way...

So.. in short, I was going to keep getting discs and build up a small collection before starting to decode it all.. but I just can't wait..! I need to decode these puppies properly.. and I need to do it now.. they're clearly most deserving Quad works of art!

What would you do?

Looks like my options are:
1.) Get an old SQ Decoder off the worlds favourite auction site?
2.) Get an SQ Surround Master?
3.) Do some software decoding (Adobe?) and burn them as DVD-A's etc.?

What will give the best compromise of results and hassle/stress-free?

Many thanks in advances! :D

(I will start a new thread in the relevant hardware section or whatever, just felt it would be neat to do a quick follow up here.. so the SQ Odyssey continues, in earnest..!!)

Ok guys and girls, I need your advice, please! :)

Just to put you in the picture where I'm at..

I've just transferred these two O'Jays SQ LPs to the computer.. no idea if there's any advantage but set my M-Audio interface up at 96/24 anyway? De-clicked Survival.. Message In The Music doesn't seem to need it, sounds lovely, the records obviously in much better nick..

..and played it all back thru Pro Logic II Music just for fits and giggles.. and well.. do you know what?

I am.. AMAZED..!! :yikes

Especially Survival.. it must just be loaded with Quad goodness!

There's strings, harmony vocals, percussion it's all going on back there and clearly stuff that's isolated already from the lead vocals and so on.. I am staggered such a method even approximates any kind of "effect" from SQ as I'd been led to believe SQ thru PLII would be a waste of time.. still I just know it must be miles better decoded the right way...

So.. in short, I was going to keep getting discs and build up a small collection before starting to decode it all.. but I just can't wait..! I need to decode these puppies properly.. and I need to do it now.. they're clearly most deserving Quad works of art!

What would you do?

Looks like my options are:
1.) Get an old SQ Decoder off the worlds favourite auction site?
2.) Get an SQ Surround Master?
3.) Do some software decoding (Adobe?) and burn them as DVD-A's etc.?

What will give the best compromise of results and hassle/stress-free?

Many thanks in advances! :D

(I will start a new thread in the relevant hardware section or whatever, just felt it would be neat to do a quick follow up here.. so the SQ Odyssey continues, in earnest..!!)

2) SQ Surround Master (when the upgraded chip version hits the streets)

Back