What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be patient and wait for mint or mint minus discs. I've found that most discs described as v good are usually lousy.

Thank you for the advice, fully taken on board and much appreciated :)

However.. I am at a bit of a disadvantage to my fellow SQ vinyl buying Quaddies based in the U.S.

I'm currently restricting myself to U.K. sellers with my new found SQ vinyl buying (I can't be doing with import fees, the idea of the stress and hassle of imported LPs just does my head in.. I don't have time to collect parcels or return duff stuff to the post office) so it's not such an easy proposition for these kinds of soul and r&b acts I love and am especially eager to hear in Quad to find anything in mint or near mint as I would prefer..

..I know I will have to give in eventually and start importing these things.. as happens with most of the good stuff it's from overseas.. but for now for my first foray into SQ I'm happy to slum it with VG records if they're a.) domestic purchases and b.) cheap! :D

If I had the spare cash at the moment, I would also be queuing up for the new SQ/QS Surround Master.....2 birds with one hardware stone and new electronics.

Well.. It seems like I have no choice but option 2! :eek:

Thanks for your 2 cents and the 2 birds, Mr.Svensson! :upthumb

Passenger: "What are my choices for the in-flight meal, Ma'am?"
Air Hostess: "You have two options, Sir"
Passenger: "Oh yes, what are those?"
Hostess: "Yes Sir.. Take it or Leave it."

wocka wocka wocka :p

Welcome to the WONDERFUL WORLD of 70's QUAD, Adam!

What took you so long?

Get ready, because all the used Quad LP's will increase in value on EBay, thanks to Adam's rabid collecting.

Thank you for the warm hand on my entrance! :D

Good question! Well, I've got a lot of catching up to do.. I was only born the same year that Message In The Music Quad LP came out! :yikes

Ah.. I've only got a limited remit.. To buy every SQ LP I can lay my hands on! :eek:

Hi. Fredblue
I have the first SQ Surround Master and I would not part with it for anything. I would go for the SM but wait for someone to do a full evaluation of the new SQ SM before you decide.
Bill...

Same here - the first SQ Surround Master. A great addition to any Surround Sound system.

Ear'gasm - Johnnie Taylor (SQ LP)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yes Ear'gasm! That one is ultra rare! A later one. I have that too. Great stuff too if you like soul with a bit of a disco flair here and there. SHOVE IT IN

So what I want to know is which one of you bought the Electric Light Orchestra SQ disc that went for over 100 on fleabay last week? Such an amazing album.

Yes Ear'gasm! That one is ultra rare! A later one. I have that too. Great stuff too if you like soul with a bit of a disco flair here and there. SHOVE IT IN

Oh wow! Is it really!? I had no idea it was rare!
I'm just buying what I like the sound of.. and the price of, it was only £3 quid!
Yet again the sleeve is in distinctly terrible shape but the record inside looks in nice condition.
I'll try it out over the weekend and see if it's snappy crackly and poppy or err not..!! :D

So what I want to know is which one of you bought the Electric Light Orchestra SQ disc that went for over 100 on fleabay last week? Such an amazing album.

Ah.. definitely not me! Not only did I not know it even existed but I'm spending from mere pennies to a few pounds on these SQ LPs.. at this stage I'm only dabbling with half of one tootsie in the water.. but if it keeps going like this I can see it won't be long before I'm going after the pricey stuff.. kinda like my SACD journey, starting with what was cheap and readily available of the music I naturally gravitate towards to the really hard to find and obscure and sadly much more expensive stuff.. History repeating.. even though History ain't what it used to be!

Sounds like something Linda would say..!! :D

Back