The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not much more to add to that! A stunning show, as ever. I thought 'Routine', which tests my tear ducts at the best of times, was epic, made more so by Ninet being there. Blundell was epic on drums. A gifted individual.

Drag Ropes was another treat, as was having Carrie there on stage to tie stage to screen so well. And I agree that 'My Book of Regrets' should be amazing and I do hope the EP gets a 5.1 release.

I'm gutted that I can't go to tonight's show as Matt Berry will be amazing, and there promises to be more rare treats than last night.

Another great night in the company of Mr Wilson.

Last time I looked (yesterday) some returns (many happy ones?) had been released for tonight, but we already have tickets for the cinema showing of "The Wall" which I also hope will see a 5.1 BluRay release soon.

Will it hopefully have a 5.1 option? ;)

Well, we are talking about Steven Wilson here, so I would be more shocked if this EP *didn't* have a 5.1 option for at least some of the material, unless he decides to do a vinyl-only release, which would just be silly… ;)

Last time I looked (yesterday) some returns (many happy ones?) had been released for tonight, but we already have tickets for the cinema showing of "The Wall" which I also hope will see a 5.1 BluRay release soon.

Enjoy! I was supposed to go see the film tonight as well, but I have to work until closing, so I'll definitely have to wait for the Blu-Ray release at the end of Novemeber/early December.

Well, we are talking about Steven Wilson here, so I would be more shocked if this EP *didn't* have a 5.1 option for at least some of the material, unless he decides to do a vinyl-only release, which would just be silly… ;)

This EP will warrant its own anticipation thread--sounds like a lot of us are pretty excited about its potential!

Another amazing show tonight from Steven Wilson at Albert Hall. Only 4 songs repeated from last night :

Routine - including the wonderful Ninet again,
Home Invasion - including Guthrie Govan, who also played on Drive Home,
The encores - Lazarus and Sound of Muzak - where the drummer was none other than Gavin Harrison

Theo Travis also played on a few tracks.

No time for a fuller setlist at the moment, I need to sleep on the train :)

Another amazing show tonight from Steven Wilson at Albert Hall. Only 4 songs repeated from last night :

Routine - including the wonderful Ninet again,
Home Invasion - including Guthrie Govan, who also played on Drive Home,
The encores - Lazarus and Sound of Muzak - where the drummer was none other than Gavin Harrison

Theo Travis also played on a few tracks.

No time for a fuller setlist at the moment, I need to sleep on the train :)

That makes me excited, simply because I really miss Porcupine Tree, so knowing that my two favorite PT members played together again on this show makes me really happy. Also, I love Dave Kilminster's playing a lot, but nobody can do the "Drive Home" and "Home Invasion/Regret #9" solos like Guthrie can, so I'm happy he played this show too! :)

That makes me excited, simply because I really miss Porcupine Tree, so knowing that my two favorite PT members played together again on this show makes me really happy. Also, I love Dave Kilminster's playing a lot, but nobody can do the "Drive Home" and "Home Invasion/Regret #9" solos like Guthrie can, so I'm happy he played this show too! :)

I agree about Guthrie, Dave Kilminster is an excellent guitarist, but is more of a rock star guitarist, whereas Guthrie seems to have an aura about him, and those solos of his on Drive Home and Regret #9 are just so incredibly fluid.

The setlist for the 2 incredible nights were:

Set list first night
1. First Regret
2. 3 Years Older
3. Hand Cannot Erase
4. Perfect Life
5. Routine (with Ninet Tayeb)
6. Home Invasion
7. Regret #9
8. Ancestral
9. Happy Returns
10. Ascendant Here On...
Set 2
11. Drag Ropes (with Mikael Åkerfeldt)
12. Index
13. How Is Your Life Today?
14. Lazarus
15. My Book of Regrets
16. Harmony Korine
17. The Watchmaker
18. Sleep Together
Encore:
19. The Sound of Muzak
20. The Raven That Refused to Sing

Set list second night

1. No Twilight Within the Courts of the Sun
2. Shesmovedon
3. Routine (with Ninet Tayeb)
4. Open Car
5. Don't Hate Me
6. Home Invasion (with Guthrie Govan)
7. Regret #9 (with Guthrie Govan)
8. Drive Home (with Guthrie Govan and Theo Travis)
9. Sectarian (with Theo Travis)
10. Insurgentes (with Theo Travis)
11. No Part of Me (with Theo Travis)
12. Raider II (with Theo Travis)

Encore:

13. Dark Matter

Encore 2:

14. Lazarus (with Gavin Harrison)
15. The Sound of Muzak (with Gavin Harrison)

SW now has a break from touring until January, so he can have the rest of the month off (i.e. today!), then he's got 3 months clear to prepare his EP for January as well as plenty of time for lots of surround remixing for us at QQ!! Just joking, after the last couple of nights him and his band have earned a well earned rest :chill

20150929_213732.jpg

https://twitter.com/StevenWilsonHQ/status/648982085152190465/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Astounding setlists! Were any of these shows filmed for a future Blu Ray??

Unfortunately I didn't see any evidence of cameras or microphones around on either night.

I wouldn't have expected cameras at either of those two shows, but microphones can be concealed in some instances so I still remain a little hopeful that the performances were captured for posterity, especially given the means and convenience of recording digitally these days.
Then again, since it was such a hassle for Porcupine Tree to release the snippets of audio from their RAH gig 5 years ago, maybe SW knew better and figured it wasn't worth the effort.
We shall see…especially when this new EP comes along at the beginning of next year.

Just home from an amazing Stevie Wonder show in Hartford. Songs in the Key of Life performed in its entirety. A 30+ piece band that was incredibly tight and very high energy. Stevie in amazing voice and still playing brilliantly. I'm going to bed very happy tonight :music

Just home from an amazing Stevie Wonder show in Hartford. Songs in the Key of Life performed in its entirety. A 30+ piece band that was incredibly tight and very high energy. Stevie in amazing voice and still playing brilliantly. I'm going to bed very happy tonight :music

Wow, that must have been amazing! Any pics or videos of the event?

Wow, that must have been amazing! Any pics or videos of the event?

It was amazing. And Stevie mentioned that he hoped to bring the tour to Europe next year so he may be coming near you Plan9!

Here's some video from last night's show:

[video=youtube;nJs951eMHKE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJs951eMHKE[/video]

Back