The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You've inspired me...Now my son and I will be there too! (We're also going to see Sabbath the month before!)

Awesome! I've wanted to see them since I was a kid. Been thwarted a few times...
I think my buddies and I will be road-trippin the day before and crashin at a motel. So, we should be in town the whole day of the show.
Would be cool to meet some QQ peeps if anybody else has time.

\m/

Joe just got first row tickets at the Arcada Theater in St. Charles, IL in May, 2016 for Crystal Gayle.

crystal_gayle_91346287-x600.jpg
Crystal posing with her Hollywood Walk of Fame star in '09.

images.jpeg

Unknown-8.jpeg

Was lucky to get a pair of tickets for Muse for the January 23 concert in Quebec City!

Raiding The Rock Vault at the Tropicana in Las Vegas. Brilliant show, superb performances all round - this is now the fourth time that I've seen it and it's still as good as (if not better than) the first time I saw it. I hate to say it but it's now replaced "Love" as my must-see show.(y)

Steve Hackett at the Colston Hall in Bristol (UK), a great gig, the band were really enjoying themselves. It was one of those positive feedback gigs where the band gives to the audience and the audience gives back to the band, they were all grinning. I don't think the sound 'quality' was as good as last year up in Birmingham but that's down to the hall acoustics and where I was sitting, half way up in the gallery. However, for a few songs the rear speakers up behind my seat burst into life and we had some live surround, worked well for Clocks.

Fairfield Four, gospel tonight! No surround releases, but they get honorable mention for an earlier incarnation of the group being featured on the SACD soundtrack for O Brother. Right?

Saturday night, Freakwater. Surround products=0

Sunday night, George Clinton and the PFunk Allstars. Surround products--that dreadful Q8 for Cosmic Slop! Tangentially, Maceo School's In but Maceo is not on the tour :(

Saturday night, Freakwater. Surround products=0(

Great band, would love to see them!

I bought tickets this morning to see The Cure. I had intended to go to the Denver show but there were no decent seats left when I got home 40 minutes into the pre-sale time....so I checked on the El Paso show and got a pair of very good seats. It's a good thing too as while at dinner tonight we found out that a couple friends had scheduled their wedding on the day of the Denver show.

Great band, would love to see them!

I bought tickets this morning to see The Cure. I had intended to go to the Denver show but there were no decent seats left when I got home 40 minutes into the pre-sale time....so I checked on the El Paso show and got a pair of very good seats. It's a good thing too as while at dinner tonight we found out that a couple friends had scheduled their wedding on the day of the Denver show.

Freakwater was terrific, and very accessible to talk with! Check their website--they will be back on the road in early 2016! They were a band of six for the show.

Any quaddites going to be at King Crimson Toronto Saturday night??

Astounding King Crimson gig in Toronto! No quaddites replied as also attending... Am I the only one east of Chicago on this forum?! Easily worth the 6 1/2 hour drive, just wish that I had seen the other two nights of the show, as the setlist varied.

Folks told me that Mr. Fripp got very annoyed with people taking fotos Thursday night and walked off before the rest of the band. The band tried to accommodate concert goers by offering a brief, designated time for everyone to take their foto shots. Great strategy--still some idiots can't follow along or restrain themselves.

Astounding King Crimson gig in Toronto! No quaddites replied as also attending... Am I the only one east of Chicago on this forum?! Easily worth the 6 1/2 hour drive, just wish that I had seen the other two nights of the show, as the setlist varied.

Folks told me that Mr. Fripp got very annoyed with people taking fotos Thursday night and walked off before the rest of the band. The band tried to accommodate concert goers by offering a brief, designated time for everyone to take their foto shots. Great strategy--still some idiots can't follow along or restrain themselves.

Glad you witnessed it ..it is a once in a lifetime experience...
Groups with 2 drummers? Sure..
But with THREE (and what three!!!) ...dannnnggg....well, NEVER
I was very lucky to have witnessed it on FIRST ROW , TWICE!!!...
Love it when they take turns to do a fill in a song and you can hear it "panning" from R to C to L....

More Steven Wilson dates - some USA 2016 ones now:

http://stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/tour-dates/

I was immediately filled with elation, but that feeling quickly turned to deflation when I saw where the North American tour dates were. It's the same places as last year. I would have hoped that those promoting and organizing the tour would try to find some new places for SW to play in the US this time around, but instead it looks like they are choosing to cash in on the same cities, which is very disappointing for the rest of his fan base, including myself, scattered all over the country. Oh well, there's always the next tour… :(

I was immediately filled with elation, but that feeling quickly turned to deflation when I saw where the North American tour dates were. It's the same places as last year. I would have hoped that those promoting and organizing the tour would try to find some new places for SW to play in the US this time around, but instead it looks like they are choosing to cash in on the same cities, which is very disappointing for the rest of his fan base, including myself, scattered all over the country. Oh well, there's always the next tour… :(

I really do need to get to Chicago to see Steven in 2016. Only 2 hour drive....

I was hoping for a SW show I could get to as well but if that's it then it's a no-go for me. I liked the idea of this tour doing the complete Hand Cannot Erase album in one set followed by a second set of other stuff. I suppose the consolation prize will be a blu-ray of whichever show(s) from the 2016 dates they decide to film.

Back