The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still buzzing from last night's Steven Wilson gig at good old Hammersmith Odeon :sun. Another stunning show, 2 hours 35 mins of amazing music. I agree with everything that Duncan says above.

This time I was sat 4 rows from the front, right in front of Dave Kilminster, and I really enjoyed his guitar work. I'd always been slightly negative on him before, because of his rock star posing and because he wasn't Guthrie Govan. Well that does him a massive injustice, he is an incredible fluid guitarist who absolutely deserves his place in this band. As does the other relative newcomer, Craig Blundell on drums. He is a very busy drummer in his playing, powerful when needed, with some amazing cymbal work, and always smiling. As SW said a couple of times last night, a smiling band of happy musicians, enjoying playing very miserable music!

Ninet was incredible again, singing the whole of Routine and also (surprisingly) the whole of Ancestral, as well as duetting with SW on the new version of Don't Hate Me (I love the jazzy bit in the middle of this version) and an emotional version of Bowie's Space Oddity.

One of the highlights for me was one of the new instrumentals from 4 1/2 - Vermillioncore. Brilliant stuff.

A bluray from this tour can't come soon enough for me.

Anyway, I must start work now :xp:

Sounds amazing! Thanks for the hot off the presses reviews guys! :upthumb
Was last night's gig in Surround? Did SW mention anything about surround in his musings at all?

Was last night's gig in Surround? Did SW mention anything about surround in his musings at all?

No he didn't mention surround. Last night was in surround, but the only parts I really noticed were sound effects. Extra sound effects came from the sound of the big burly guy next to me wiping away tears during the Routine video (true!).

Going to check out the Musical Box, the Gabriel-era Genesis "tribute" (can't find a good adjective) band, Friday night. Anyone seen them before?

Going to check out the Musical Box, the Gabriel-era Genesis "tribute" (can't find a good adjective) band, Friday night. Anyone seen them before?

Oh my, yes. Brilliant. Which show are they doing? I've seen the Lamb, Selling England and Trick of the Tail shows.

Oh my, yes. Brilliant. Which show are they doing? I've seen the Lamb, Selling England and Trick of the Tail shows.

They're calling it the Black Show, apparently connected to stage presentation on a certain tour back in the day, and it looks like it's Selling England. Thanks for replying--that definitely increases my excitement!

They're calling it the Black Show, apparently connected to stage presentation on a certain tour back in the day, and it looks like it's Selling England. Thanks for replying--that definitely increases my excitement!

Yeah, that's the Selling England show. You're in for a treat!

I'm in the same boat as you, seeing them on Feb.17th in Vancouver BC, have never seen them, heard lots of good things and as I have never seen Genesis and they are one of my favorite bands this is the next best thing as they apparently put on a great recreation of what Genesis did back in the 70's so looking forward to this show as well.
Let us know how it goes when you see them.

Going to see Springsteen play The River in its entirety tonight. The shows on this tour have been averaging 3.5 hours every night. Crazy that he can still do that at his age!

Black Sabbath. Considering this is one of my all time favorite bands, this will be my first time seeing them.

Black Sabbath. Considering this is one of my all time favorite bands, this will be my first time seeing them.

That makes two of us! I'm taking my 18 year old "metal head" nephew to "The Fabulous Forum" in LA tonight... Right now I'm listening to an upmix of their self-titled album and I'm getting pumped!! Took the day off today... It's gonna be a Black Sabbath listening marathon today!:banana:

Snood going to see Gary Clark Jr at House of Blues Orlando/Downtown Disney on Saturday :banana:

Great Geeeeeeeeeeeeetareeeeeeeeeeeest :cool:

Snood going to see Gary Clark Jr at House of Blues Orlando/Downtown Disney on Saturday :banana:

Great Geeeeeeeeeeeeetareeeeeeeeeeeest :cool:

I'm in London right now to see Turin Brakes at Union Chapel in the evening.
I'm so grateful. Peace to my soul! :)

Glad to have you all here...even if my postings are very rare at the moment!

I repeat myself when I say...this is a lovely passionate forum! :)

I'm in London right now to see Turin Brakes at Union Chapel in the evening.
I'm so grateful. Peace to my soul! :)

Glad to have you all here...even if my postings are very rare at the moment!

I repeat myself when I say...this is a lovely passionate forum! :)

Enjoy the gig. Good band, great venue!

It's always great to read your posts.

I just purchased a ticket for the Moody Blues concert coming up in March at the Ryman here in Nashville. I've been to so many Moody Blues/Justin Hayward concerts, but it's always difficult to pass up one of their shows. They are so good live, and with all of the recent deaths in the music world, you never know who may be next, so I'm going again while I still can! :)

I just purchased a ticket for the Moody Blues concert coming up in March at the Ryman here in Nashville. I've been to so many Moody Blues/Justin Hayward concerts, but it's always difficult to pass up one of their shows. They are so good live, and with all of the recent deaths in the music world, you never know who may be next, so I'm going again while I still can! :)

Never got the chance to see them, you're quite fortunate :) Picked up tickets yesterday to see James Taylor in early June, looking forward to that.

Back