DTS-CD's. What's your latest?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not normally a fanboy of Country Music but this simply astounding DTS disc really does not fall into that category. Played it the other night for some friends and even they were amazed. As I said before: One of DTS Entertainment's finest moments and the unamimous Amazon 5 star reviews are NO exaggeration. Sounds like a full fledged DVD~A but it's DTS: http://www.amazon.com/Joshua-Judges...Lovett:+Joshua+Judges+Ruth+DTS&tag=acleint-20

I am not normally a fanboy of Country Music but this simply astounding DTS disc really does not fall into that category. Played it the other night for some friends and even they were amazed. As I said before: One of DTS Entertainment's finest moments and the unamimous Amazon 5 star reviews are NO exaggeration. Sounds like a full fledged DVD~A but it's DTS: http://www.amazon.com/Joshua-Judges...Lovett:+Joshua+Judges+Ruth+DTS&tag=acleint-20

I think it's terrif!

I'm so easily persuaded.....I went ahead and purchased a copy from Amazon. Thanks Ralphie!!!!!

oh its very good! i think you'll love it Gene Genie! ...Good on Ralphie! :p

I do believe had DTS Entertainment introduced TRUE HDCD 5.1 discs (IF that was possible) in 20 bit resolution back in the late 90's, we would've seen a LOT more of these wonderful discs. What I loved about DTS is that they didn't rely on only a few labels from which to garner their releases but MANY and across ALL genres of music. HDCD decoders were finicky and only CARY audio boasted achieving true 20 bit resolution from their onboard decoders as they worked closely with Pacific Microsonics, the HDCD developers, in implementing it in their products......a kind of SUPER HDCD chipset!

Oh well.......24/96 IS Better and they still would've been chokeholded by the limitations of the much maligned 44.1 sampling rate if they chose to remain with RBCDs!

That those DTS RBCDs sound as good as they do (and some are miraculous on my set~up), is a testament to how superior DTS is and remains over DD........'Dudley DoWrong!'

I was listening to that in the Acura today, cat to the vet. Haven't listened to it very often but it sounded great.

Hope all went well with :kitty: at the vet :upthumb

Have to confess this was an ultra low priority for me.. love her Nick Of Time DVD-A, wish it were more readily available, its a tough one to find for decent money, like too many of those Capitol/EMI DVD-A's.. might it be too much of a stretch to hope for a reissue on Blu-ray or a surround download or something down the line, so that more people could get to hear it? :eek:

She's a great "live" performer I think.

Gotta love her Tribute to the late great master boogie guitarist "Lowell George".

20160101_164357.jpg20160101_164413.jpg20160101_164434.jpg20160101_164442.jpg

..and a fine pair (of discs) she has there too by the looks of it.. :eek:

I played DTS Entertainment's [Capitol/EMI] Bonnie Raitt's Road Tested late last night (into the early morning) and I consider it one of the TOP LIVE concerts of all times. It is discrete with mostly ecstatic audience applause and generous ambience in the rears and NO, it doesn't sound as audiophile as Raitt's Nick of Time (MLP DVD~A) but does sound stunning in its own right but boy oh boy does it rock. Some AMAZING backing musicianship and vocals and lots of guest stars (Bryan Adams, Bruce Hornsby, blues legends Ruth and Charles Brown, Jackson Browne and Kim Wilson). Produced by Don Was. Bonnie and company also do a rousing version of Burning Down the House.:flame

VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Back