Suggestions for Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACD Releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MOFI continues to give the MOFInger to the surround sound audiophile. Quad-Blocking countless releases from being released by others in 4.0/5.0/5.1.

"Where have you gone Brad Miller? A fanbase turns it's lonely eyes to you. Look what they've done to your company...."

MOFI continues to give the MOFInger to the surround sound audiophile. Quad-Blocking countless releases from being released by others in 4.0/5.0/5.1.

"Where have you gone Brad Miller? A fanbase turns it's lonely eyes to you. Look what they've done to your company...."

Unfortunately, Jon, even the seductive Mrs Robinson couldn't convince MoFi to go QUAD. God knows, I've tried!

Yea, if it wasn't for CD-4 MOFI never would have been founded in the first place.

There are 39 pages to this thread so somebody already suggested? I purchased Alice Coopers Greatest Hits Stereo 24/192 from HDtracks, super duper good. Now I would think this would be a no brainier for Audio Fidelity either in 4.0 or 5.1.

There are 39 pages to this thread so somebody already suggested? I purchased Alice Coopers Greatest Hits Stereo 24/192 from HDtracks, super duper good. Now I would think this would be a no brainier for Audio Fidelity either in 4.0 or 5.1.

GREAT suggestion, Mark, except for the fact that AC's Greatest Hits was never released in QUAD. Only Billion Dollar Babies and Muscle of Love were and Welcome to My Nightmare was released as a MLP DVD~A 5.1.http://s4.discshop.se/img/front_large/32594/alice_cooper_welcome_to_my_nightmare_dvd_audio.jpg

Does that mean my favorites Steve Miller, Ten Years After, and The Marshall Tucker Band will never happen? Why only one TYA? Why not more?

Keep this list in your "favorites" Mark. http://www.surrounddiscography.com/quaddisc/quadpall.htm

Unless the artists/label orders a freshly minted 4.0 or 5.1 release (anniversary reissues, usually).....chances are pretty slim that they'll release those artists in multichannel.

It's Audio Fidelity's policy to ONLY release 'existing' quad/5.1 releases unless they change their tune (but it would involve a LOT more money to have them custom remixed for surround).

REALLY wish they'd re~release the botched Ten Years After "A Space In Time" 4.0 mix (reversed front/rear channels) as a hi res QUAD SACD!

Yea, if it wasn't for CD-4 MOFI never would have been founded in the first place.

Brad Miller (Founder of Mobile Fidelity) and Lou Dorren (Founder of Quadracast Systems), among others, played key roles in CD-4's releases and development.
But JVC invented the CD-4 format and had titles out before anyone else. :)

Is there any chance that Audio Fidelity could release more Jeff Beck-related albums as Quad SACDs?
We already know that "Wired" is off the table, but how about "Rough and Ready" or "Beck, Bogert, & Appice"? :)

Both were recent CD reissues. So off the table.

Ok, looking on Discogs.com, I definitely see that that's true for "Rough and Ready". I don't see the same for "Beck, Bogert, & Appice" but I guess anyone wanting that one can go locate the DTS-CD released some time ago.

Ok, looking on Discogs.com, I definitely see that that's true for "Rough and Ready". I don't see the same for "Beck, Bogert, & Appice" but I guess anyone wanting that one can go locate the DTS-CD released some time ago.

Beck, Bogert & Appice was a 2008 CD Reissue. Too recent for an Audio Fidelity SACD release.

Is there any chance that Audio Fidelity could release more Jeff Beck-related albums as Quad SACDs?
We already know that "Wired" is off the table, but how about "Rough and Ready" or "Beck, Bogert, & Appice"? :)

Why is Wired off the table, I was looking forward to that as Blow By Blow is super great.

A discussion about the albums Full Sail and Native Sons by Loggins & Messina - and interest in seeing these 4.0 Surround Sound mixes on Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACD.

Brian, any word on heavier stuff coming out with AF? I am sure I would purchase the two that you mention but AF seems to be taking a very bland approach to rock music, of course in my opinion. Doesn't need to be screaming Metal gut at least guitar rock. They have done some, Scorpions, Dio, etc, so I know they can.

Why is Wired off the table, I was looking forward to that as Blow By Blow is super great.

Wired was licensed for Hybrid Stereo SACD release by Analogue Productions (Acoustic Sounds).
It is tentatively scheduled for release by AP on March 30, 2016.

Any possibility of checking for a certain Edgar Winter title in the vault while they are checking for the Loggins & Messina tapes? Are all the tapes in the same place?

Wired was licensed for Hybrid Stereo SACD release by Analogue Productions (Acoustic Sounds).
It is tentatively scheduled for release by AP on March 30, 2016.

I understand the reasoning behind not selecting some titles that have had a recent release...but if there was an exceptional title... that might change things...you could mention to Marshal what transpired with the Yes Fragile album...it was released in multi channel in 2011...and they issued a total new surround mix in 2015...they took a chance and I believe it was a worthwhile gamble...the finished product is stellar and I would venture to say the sales numbers are good..it would have to be the right title for Marshall to take a shot...but there are some out there...

Any possibility of checking for a certain Edgar Winter title in the vault while they are checking for the Loggins & Messina tapes? Are all the tapes in the same place?

AFAIK, there's at least 4 Edgar Winter albums that were released in Quad, so which one are you specifically wanting? (I'd hope Audio Fidelity can reissue any of them.) :)

AFAIK, there's at least 4 Edgar Winter albums that were released in Quad, so which one are you specifically wanting? (I'd hope Audio Fidelity can reissue any of them.) :)

afaik....

- Edgar Winter's White Trash With Jerry LaCroix,
- They Only Come Out At Night,
- Shock Treatment,
- Jasmine Nightdreams,
- The Edgar Winter Group With Rick Derringer.

Then I would also lump in his brother Johnny Winter's Quads..

- Still Alive And Well,
- Saints And Sinners,
- John Dawson Winter III

and why not go for broke and do Edgar's mate Rick Derringer's Quads for good measure!
(to a certain extent, Derringer and Edgar W.'s personnel/band line up's were kinda interchangeable at one point
and Johnny, Edgar and Rick all played on one another's records numerous times over the years..)

- All American Boy,
- Spring Fever.

That's a cool TEN Quad releases for Audio Fidelity to do on Surround SACD right there.. and let me tell you there is not a clunker of a mix in the bunch! In fact they are all great examples of Quad imho :)

Back