Jethro Tull 5.1 (“Bursting Out” box set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mixes out in June 2024!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it appears my order at Freezing Barn is cheaper by a few dollars than Amazon US. Guess I'll stick it out. :)

But amazon does have pre-order price guarantee so keep watching that price cause it could always go lower… ;)

Yep, so true. But is possible to cancel Burning Shed? Never tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is. I have only done it once or twice before, but they have been happy to accommodate me in that regard when I have requested it. :)

I wonder why people would order from Amazon US at ~$40 vs Amazon UK at ~$26.

I wonder why people would order from Amazon US at ~$40 vs Amazon UK at ~$26.

I can't speak for everyone, but as for myself, I can use amazon gift card money in the US store, so this won't cost me anything.
Plus there's always a chance that the price could drop from now until April 22. :)

For me, the two lossy remixes that I really want the most reissued as lossless would definitely be the Steve Hackett remixes.
At least the Jethro Tull DVDs pack on the extra material to fill up the DVD space, but the Hackett DVDs didn't even come close to filling up even a single-layer DVD. What a major missed opportunity that was! (And don't even get me started on the false DVD-A labeling….)

The reason the Jethro Tull reissues went strictly to DVD after "Aqualung" is two-fold:
1) Blu-Rays are definitely a lot more expensive to author and replicate.
2) The authoring engineer they use for the series (Ray Shulman) is incapable (AFAIK) of authoring DVD-A/V discs.

So that's where we stand today, but now that I think about it, maybe I should put a bug in Mark Powell's ear that he suggest to Universal that they release the two Steve Hackett remixes on HFPA Blu-Ray, that way we can at least enjoy those in fully lossless 5.1 surround. Hope springs eternal! :)

RTbluray said: The reason the Jethro Tull reissues went strictly to DVD after "Aqualung" is two-fold:
1) Blu-Rays are definitely a lot more expensive to author and replicate.
2) The authoring engineer they use for the series (Ray Shulman) is incapable (AFAIK) of authoring DVD-A/V discs.

Regarding Point #1......The hardbound Tull "Picture Books" are lovely indeed and additionally must cost a pretty penny to ship to the distributor (and likewise from the distributor to the consumer) but feasibly, ALL of the content of the four disc sets (2 RBCDs/2 DVDs) could fit on a single blu ray disc.......in HI RES AUDIO!

But your Point #2 explains it ALL (and DUH, why choose him to do the authoring)?

And besides the Hackett DVD~Vs in LOSSLESS surround.....how about a corrected MLP DVD~A 4.0 [fronts/rears are reversed on the DTS DVD~V] of Ten Years After "A Space In Time." The lossless 24/48 stereo track sounds FANTASTIC!

Well, that didn't work out very well, did it? I keep coming to this thread thinking there might be something new regarding, oh, I don't know... Jethro Tull in 5.1 perhaps? But I guess it's not to be...

You ARE getting the LATEST Info on Jethro Tull in 5.1, dr. simple: Aqualung IS being re~released as a LOSSY DTS 5.1 DVD~V and a Lossless Stereo Track [usually SUPERIOR] with 2 LOSSY RBCDs disc and the content of the original LOSSLESS BD~A [box set] on two LOSSY DVD~Vs with a hardbound glossy booklet to coincide with the style of other TULL 5.1 reissues!

VERY doubtful we'll see any NEW JT 5.1 releases for awhile other than THIS 'reissue!'

You ARE getting the LATEST Info on Jethro Tull in 5.1, dr. simple: Aqualung IS being re~released as a LOSSY DTS 5.1 DVD~V and a Lossless Stereo Track [usually SUPERIOR] with 2 LOSSY RBCDs disc and the content of the original LOSSLESS BD~A [box set] on two LOSSY DVD~Vs with a hardbound glossy booklet to coincide with the style of other TULL 5.1 reissues!

VERY doubtful we'll see any NEW JT 5.1 releases for awhile other than THIS 'reissue!'

Forgot to Mention New Mix is done by Steven Wilson

:mad:@: Ooops sorry Rum Cokes soaking in..........Snood getting confused

So whats new here lol :mad:@:

Just the book casing?

Back to weekend imbibing of spirits :banana:

There's currently two scenarios that are most likely:
1) "Stand Up" (remixed and expanded deluxe edition) in the Fall, followed by "Songs from the Wood" in Spring 2017 - OR-
2) "Stand Up" in the Summer, followed by "Songs from the Wood" in the Fall.

Don't underestimate this reissue team. Ever since 2014, it's been full speed ahead, so I wouldn't be that surprised if we got more than just one release this year! :)

:mad:@: Ooops sorry Rum Cokes soaking in..........Snood getting confused

So whats new here lol :mad:@:

Just the book casing?

Back to weekend imbibing of spirits :banana:

Snood, here is what's different about this new edition compared to the 2011 edition:

-No Peter Mew mastering on any of the discs! (Or glitches that were prevalent in the 2011 edition)
-Flat transfer of the original stereo mix of the entire "Life is a Long Song" EP (two of the EP's tracks haven't been available in this form previously)
-on DVD 1, SEVEN additional tracks remixed in 5.1 surround. (On the original DVD & Blu-Ray, only 4 additional tracks had surround mixes, so there's actually more surround in this set!)
-on DVD 2, there's also the addition of the "Life is a Long Song" promo film with the remixed stereo audio.

The three new surround mixes are: "Just Trying to Be", "Wind-Up (Early Version)", and "Wond'ring Aloud, Again".

Also, since there are no Blu-Ray discs in the upcoming set, only the stereo is of a lossless quality.

Hope that helps! :)

red book cds are NOT lossy.

Don't underestimate this reissue team. Ever since 2014, it's been full speed ahead, so I wouldn't be that surprised if we got more than just one release this year! :)

I read an interview with Ian Anderson, not that long ago but can't remember where, where he said they had to move quickly with the reissues before the copyright time limit expired, but I don't know the details on this.

they had to move quickly with the reissues before the copyright time limit expired..

L.O. Guv(y)

I believe you, but it makes no sense. If rights expire, they revert back to the artist, so that wouldn't cause a problem.

Could one of our QQ wise-men chime in here and explain why rights expiring would cause a speeding up of things?

Personally, this is a blessing, if true. I want to give my $$$ for Songs From The Wood as soon as possible.

Back