What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi. All

Another matrix LP today.

( Philadelphia International Records. SQ ZQ32952 - Billy Paul Live in Europe )-

front back.jpg
IMG_0208.jpg
IMG_0209.jpg

Hi. All

Another matrix LP today.

( Philadelphia International Records. SQ ZQ32952 - Billy Paul Live in Europe )-

View attachment 26751
View attachment 26752
View attachment 26753

Ooh yours is in lovely nick compared to mine!
Kinda mixed feelings about this though, as an album, I mean.. as a live Quad mix it's pretty good and not just crowd noise and ambience back there.. from a live performance pov though, it's a bit "meh" at times imho.. some of the arrangements are lacking/uninspired compared to the studio renditions, the band don't play with too much gusto really (it sounds like they're tired out..?) and vocally it often shows up his limitations, especially wrt "tuning".. :eek: ...I still enjoy it but it's not a patch on the O'Jays Live Quad recorded around the same time, may even be the same gig or at least tour by the sounds of it, the compere doing the hosting sounds like the same chap. As a Quad, not bad.. as a live album, nothing special :eek: oh one of the other things that hit me, it's a short set like around half an hour or something!

Hi. fredblue

I concur with you in general with Live music I do prefer studio mixes as well, there is only a handful Live LP`s I really like one is Santana Lotus Live in Japan but unfortunately we both got the Quad Bugggg ...........:bounce:bounce.......... when buying.

Ooh yours is in lovely nick compared to mine!
Kinda mixed feelings about this though, as an album, I mean.. as a live Quad mix it's pretty good and not just crowd noise and ambience back there.. from a live performance pov though, it's a bit "meh" at times imho.. some of the arrangements are lacking/uninspired compared to the studio renditions, the band don't play with too much gusto really (it sounds like they're tired out..?) and vocally it often shows up his limitations, especially wrt "tuning".. :eek: ...I still enjoy it but it's not a patch on the O'Jays Live Quad recorded around the same time, may even be the same gig or at least tour by the sounds of it, the compere doing the hosting sounds like the same chap. As a Quad, not bad.. as a live album, nothing special :eek: oh one of the other things that hit me, it's a short set like around half an hour or something!

Re:LIVE QUAD DISCS.

When it comes to quad discs (regardless of format, SQ, QS, EV-4, DY-4D, CD-4, UD-4, RM....etc.).....I find most and I do mean most as in the majority. ?

DO NOT CHEAT ON THE REAR CHANNELS !

The same can not be said of 5.1 live discs.:(

Hi. All

Some more matrix LP`s today.

( Sansui. EMI-TOSHIBA QS QSS-1004 QS4-Channel stereo Are You Listening? 7'' )-
( Project3 King Record QS PR4C 5048 (4SICT 963) -Wrap Around !!-4 channel stereo 7'' )-
( ABC. QS AS-9250 The Ear Of The Behearer- Dewey Redman )-
( EMI. SQ EAC-80400-(Q2RA-9399) ) -Herbert Von Karajan Ravel: Bolero: Debussy: La Mer )-
( CBS. SQ ??? SOPQ 23 -The Brother Four Super 20 )-

A2.jpg
IMG_0244.jpg

A1.jpg
IMG_0241.jpg

COVER.jpg
IMG_0237.jpg
IMG_0238.jpg

A6.jpg
IMG_0258.jpg

Last edited:
Scarcely a quad mention on that Israeli MFSB SQ album.

I wonder if it was "single inventory" and made available to a larger market-locally of course.

Hmm.. I wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wonder too Fizzy!

Meantime I wa-wa-wa-wa-wa-wish Dutton Vocalion would remaster this and the other MFSB Quad for their 2-fer Surround SACD programme.

That really got me goin'.. Fiz Fiz Fiz Fiz Fiz, Fiz Fiz Fiz Fiz Fiz, The Fiz..! :banana:

Back