Fleetwood Mac - Mirage 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rtbluray says:

Oh, and BTW, Dullby sucks… ;)

Show some respect, rt. Dullby was the cat's meow at the turn of the century! It sure beat the hell out of Dolby Surround and SACD/DVD~A were in their infancy.

And let's not overlook BD~A........IMO, THE best format but unfortunately, criminally underutilized.

Totally true...I still watch my Dolby encoded Laserdiscs and THEY ROCK!!!!!
(I also agree with the BD comment)

Dolby Digital was good when we had nothing else. Today, it really pales compared with lossless surround or even lossy DTS.

Packshot:

71hDr7shNTL._SL1500_.jpg

According to Amazon US and Canada, the release is now being pushed back to September 23rd.
(Amazon UK still has the same July date for now…)

According to Amazon US and Canada, the release is now being pushed back to September 23rd.

Perhaps with the delay, Mirage's 5.1 remix will be 'rewarded' with a LOSSLESS BD~A disc in lieu of the lossy DTS DVD~V.

ONE could only HOPE!:banana:

Perhaps with the delay, Mirage's 5.1 remix will be 'rewarded' with a LOSSLESS BD~A disc in lieu of the lossy DTS DVD~V.

ONE could only HOPE!:banana:

Hmm.. I imagine it'll just as likely be marketing strategy (September and the run up to Christmas period being a better time to release these kinds of box sets than July when half the world's on holiday!) and/or production delays (all the record presses are tied up churning out vinyl 24/7, I guess even Dr. Rhino would have to wait in line!)

Hmm.. I imagine it'll just as likely be marketing strategy (September and the run up to Christmas period being a better time to release these kinds of box sets than July when half the world's on holiday!) and/or production delays (all the record presses are tied up churning out vinyl 24/7, I guess even Dr. Rhino would have to wait in line!)

Skip the vinyl. Problem solved!

Skip the vinyl. Problem solved!

SKIP the boxset and release as a stand alone BD~A in 5.1/stereo w/bonus outtakes, alternate takes in hi res on the BD~A....PLENTY of real estate for that...or hasn't anyone figured that out yet?

IMO, MIRAGE ain't exactly Sergeant Pepper.

Now, if you want to give us Kiln House, Then Play On and Bare Trees in a box in 192/24.........sign me UP!

Last edited:

Amazon UK has now also changed the release date on this to Sept 23. Oh well, I still haven't gotten all the way through Quadio yet so it's not like I don't have anything to listen to until then, LOL.

Tristero at SHF posted this link on a good read on some of the history behind this recording:

http://www.avclub.com/article/fleetwood-macs-mirage-well-crafted-diamond-rough-239731

taken from the article:

"Post-Mirage, Caillat bowed out of working with Fleetwood Mac. However, he recently did a 5.1 remix of the album for Rhino Records’ upcoming deluxe reissue, an experience he says was “really, really enjoyable. There’s some honest, really honest songs; there’s some great sounds to the record. We really were focused. And we were making a record that sounded great.

“Fleetwood Mac was always great at putting melody lines in,” he continues. “Particularly Lindsey would put in these lines you wouldn’t think were necessary in a song, but they were something in the background that were so many colors. We had layers and layers of colors. Now that I was able to take the 24 channels and spread it around five speakers. You hear backgrounds that you didn’t hear that were buried in layers of stereo. You can actually hear melody lines and hear guitar lines and keyboard lines that you might not have been aware of in the compacted stereo mix.”

Sort of forgot about this one...I went back to check my pre-order and it looks like I ordered from Amazon UK and my price shipped is US $49.99. One of the best prices around I think as US Amazon is sitting at $85.49 and Bull Moose at US $76.97.

Just got notice that the charge hit my credit card. Should be here by Friday, or so I am told! Can't wait to hear this in surround. I still have to figure out what I will do with the LP. It's too big to be a good coaster.

Sort of forgot about this one...I went back to check my pre-order and it looks like I ordered from Amazon UK and my price shipped is US $49.99. One of the best prices around I think as US Amazon is sitting at $85.49 and Bull Moose at US $76.97.

You, hands down, win the best deal award on MIRAGE, GOS. AmazonUK's current shipped price to the US is $60 which is still significantly less expensive than AmazonUS' current $86 (+ tax for NY residents).

I'm still on the fence about this one. Am anxious to hear the reviews from QQ posters.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...ec9f152ee8e2&pf_rd_i=desktop&tag=acleint06-21

Just got notice that the charge hit my credit card. Should be here by Friday, or so I am told! Can't wait to hear this in surround. I still have to figure out what I will do with the LP. It's too big to be a good coaster.

Placemat for a dinner plate..? :eek:

Oh, hang on, it'd melt... :sun

How about putting a second, a minute and an hour hand through the spindle hole and turning it into an attractive wall clock..!?

Only if you've got the time..

(WOCKA..!! :violin)

Ps. You'll get it on release day, which is fantastic! Please drop everything else you're doing when it arrives (even constructing the wall clock out of the LP..!) and test it out for us?
I might have time to cancel my pre-order if it sounds like sh*t..! :D

Pop the vinyl into an LP frame and hang it on yer wall

Back