Suggestions for Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACD Releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maybe the divine miss M herself nixed the Quads inclusion on the Deluxe Ed'n.. or maybe she just doesn't give a toss, specially if her careers still got wind beneath its wings.

Nah....Bette wouldn't do that to her rabid fans. Probably a monetary decision on Warner's part. Or maybe they'll release it as a separate BD~A.

So, Adam, when are you sailing to New York on the QEII to behold The Divine Miss M on Broadway??????? :banana:

Nah....Bette wouldn't do that to her rabid fans. Probably a monetary decision on Warner's part. Or maybe they'll release it as a separate BD~A.

So, Adam, when are you sailing to New York on the QEII to behold The Divine Miss M on Broadway??????? :banana:

probably.. its all about the money, honey.. :eek:

good question.. let me sleep on it, I'll give you my answer in the morning ;)

I think if they reissued the quad Worst Of Jefferson Airplane they would get a -ton- of sales and good responses...wonder what the story is? ...and Volunteers also had a quad mix so really, why not get them out there before the entire band is no longer with us?

I don't understand the multiple quad remixes that just languished for the last 45 odd years in a vault, all that expense in remixing and no issue AT ALL?
They could have just released it in album form like Bitches Brew or Quad 8 form like Band On The Run....really doesn't make sense to me. I wonder how the sales went for the AF quad titles?

I think if they reissued the quad Worst Of Jefferson Airplane they would get a -ton- of sales and good responses...wonder what the story is? ...and Volunteers also had a quad mix so really, why not get them out there before the entire band is no longer with us?

I've said many times I would LOVE some Airplane in Quad from AF!

I'd be in for both of these titles. Never saw JA, but I did see Jefferson Starship back in '76 with Grace.

Any/all J.A. would be a sweet treat, those two most preferred.They certainly fit for a heavier rock output.

Let's not forget there is also J.A. BARK and Kantner/Slick-Sunfighter.And for Starship.......Octopus,would be my preferred.:smokin

But again I don't need A.F. to churn out many quads as fast as they did prior. (That's just me and my budget, of course)

-as to UMG discs ? Perhaps it's time to "knock on" Universal's door again ? Maybe they have a STEELY DAN, ELTON JOHN, etc, sale of quads/5.1.? Ah well, it is good to dream.:)

Any/all J.A. would be a sweet treat, those two most preferred.They certainly fit for a heavier rock output.

Let's not forget there is also J.A. BARK and Kantner/Slick-Sunfighter.And for Starship.......Octopus,would be my preferred.:smokin

But again I don't need A.F. to churn out many quads as fast as they did prior. (That's just me and my budget, of course)

-as to UMG discs ? Perhaps it's time to "knock on" Universal's door again ? Maybe they have a STEELY DAN, ELTON JOHN, etc, sale of quads/5.1.? Ah well, it is good to dream.:)

if I told you what I'd heard about the state of play with the EJ 5.1's I'd have to shoot myself afterwards (sworn to secrecy).. but then its so maddeningly daft you'd probably want to do likewise straight after too... :confused:

It would probably be easier to get a lot of these vintage quad titles released if there were as many record companies as there were then, but they've been swallowed up into the few giants that don't have the staff to deal with such requests, the tapes are "somewhere" in their acquisitions, and they're not eager to spend any time looking for something that only gets them a few thousand dollars.

It would probably be easier to get a lot of these vintage quad titles released if there were as many record companies as there were then, but they've been swallowed up into the few giants that don't have the staff to deal with such requests, the tapes are "somewhere" in their acquisitions, and they're not eager to spend any time looking for something that only gets them a few thousand dollars.

good point.. do the labels still have "special markets" divisions?

Volunteers by Jefferson Airplane is already available on Hybrid SACD from Mobile Fidelity.

Volunteers - CMOB_2176_SA__112086__12232015081738-2146.jpg

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/112086/Jefferson_Airplane-Volunteers-Hybrid_Stereo_SACD

Volunteers by Jefferson Airplane is already available on Hybrid SACD from Mobile Fidelity.

View attachment 27632

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/112086/Jefferson_Airplane-Volunteers-Hybrid_Stereo_SACD

Our heroes @AF Quadblocked - yet again... :mad:

Janis Joplin's Pearl? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Carole King's Music? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Carly Simon S/T? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Carly Simon's Hotcakes? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Bob Dylan's Desire? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Bob Dylan's Nashville Skyline? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Bob Dylan's Planet Waves? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Billy Joel's Piano Man? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Billy Joel's Turnstiles? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Earth Wind & Fire's That's The Way Of The World? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Edgar Winter's They Only Come Out At Night? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Santana's 1st album? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Santana's Abraxas? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Santana's Caravanserai? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Santana III? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Santana & Mahavishnu Orchestra's Love Devotion & Surrender? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Doobies' Toulouse Street? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Doobies' Vices? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Doobies' Stampede? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Miles Davis' Bitches Brew? Quadblocked by MFSL.

A sacd release without a multichannel layer if availabe is such a wasted opportunity. Sometimes I wish MFSL took more responsibility in that regard. I mean, focus on stereo only albums and let AF focus on stereo/quad findings. I know that not how it works, but it really should be like that for the sake of the entire audiophile community.

Our heroes @AF Quadblocked - yet again... :mad:

Janis Joplin's Pearl? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Carole King's Music? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Carly Simon S/T? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Carly Simon's Hotcakes? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Bob Dylan's Desire? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Bob Dylan's Nashville Skyline? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Bob Dylan's Planet Waves? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Billy Joel's Piano Man? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Billy Joel's Turnstiles? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Earth Wind & Fire's That's The Way Of The World? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Edgar Winter's They Only Come Out At Night? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Santana's 1st album? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Santana's Abraxas? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Santana's Caravanserai? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Santana III? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Santana & Mahavishnu Orchestra's Love Devotion & Surrender? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Doobies' Toulouse Street? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Doobies' Vices? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Doobies' Stampede? Quadblocked by MFSL.
Miles Davis' Bitches Brew? Quadblocked by MFSL.

The sad reality for us Quaddies is that MoFi and AP are more interested in VINYL than SACD which always seems to be the bastard child.

Regarding Santana's Abraxas, MoFi has just released a newly pressed 45rpm vinyl set for $100: https://www.musicdirect.com/vinyl/s...on-ultradisc-one-step-45rpm-vinyl-2lp-box-set

At this juncture, the only way we can probably/possibly have the QUAD SACD version of Abraxas is from SONY Japan and that also goes for ALL those MoFi "Quadblocked" Stereo releases from SONY/RCA, as well!

As long as "Ridin' High with Ethel Merman" is safe!

BTW, Ethel Merman was Irving Berlin's favorite interpreter of his songbook and I'm sure MoFi won't be releasing any Ethel Merman on vinyl or SACD any time soon.

Wonder how many styli jumped out of the groove trying to track Merman's stratospheric vocals on vinyl?:yikes

Back