Complete List of Dutton-Vocalion Quad SACDs (with ordering, discussion, poll and Discogs links)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although I'm not a huge classical fan where are the classical titles? The "Boulez conducts Bartók" releases in particular are fantastic. We need a poll on the "Wooden Prince". Oddly "The Miraculous Mandarin" was split over two different releases. Both titles are among my favourites regardless of genre.

Although I'm not a huge classical fan where are the classical titles? The "Boulez conducts Bartók" releases in particular are fantastic. We need a poll on the "Wooden Prince". Oddly "The Miraculous Mandarin" was split over two different releases. Both titles are among my favourites regardless of genre.
I didn't look to see if the title you are asking about is on the Dutton Epoch series but as Dave said in the first post, what he's doing is a ton of work and he's taking a break from it and may continue by adding the classical type titles from the Dutton Epoch series.

I'm sure what you meant to say was: "Holy crap--thanks for doing all this work! Take a well-deserved break; all of us classical fans, casual and otherwise, will be grateful if you have something left for a Dutton Epoch table!"

I'll probably do one for the Dutton Epoch Historic classical quad series as well eventually, but I'm gonna take a bit of a breather for now because this was a lot of work, and that will be even more challenging.

I'm sure what you meant to say was: "Holy crap--thanks for doing all this work! Take a well-deserved break; all of us classical fans, casual and otherwise, will be grateful if you have something left for a Dutton Epoch table!"
Yes, sorry I didn't mean to sound rude or ungrateful. It's just that it was such a glaring omission for me as I'm just starting to explore the classical side of Dutton.

Until steelydave creates his list, you still have ubertrout's list of classical D-V's to look at, even though it's a few years old

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...classical-70s-quad-reissue-switchboard.26760/

Back