2023 SURROUND RELEASES

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This week has finally seen the announcement of physical release of i/o, album by Peter Gabriel, to be available also as a 2CD+BD-A combo with all 3 types of mix in hi-res sound.

Another blu-ray was freed from a big box set - Vagabonds of The Western World by Thin Lizzy should be available for more affordable price on the same release date.

Number 15 in the SDE Surround Series is Soft Cellʼs debut Non-Stop Erotic Cabaret. Contains Atmos mix including instrumentals and 3 bonus tracks, plus 4 videos.

As for downloads, IAA adds two 5.1 albums by Jonatha Brooke and mixed by Bob Clearmountain (yes, Steady Pull was released on DVD-A before), as well as another part of Markus Reuterʼs series.

Last edited:
The Pineapple Thief - It Leads To This? 2023 or early 2024?

D0014DE6-0435-43DA-9EFC-EA63D027E700.jpeg

This week has finally seen the announcement of physical release of i/o, album by Peter Gabriel, to be available also as a 2CD+BD-A combo with all 3 types of mix in hi-res sound.

Another blu-ray was freed from a big box set - Vagabonds of The Western World by Thin Lizzy should be available for more affordable price on the same release date.

Number 15 in the SDE Surround Series is Soft Cellʼs debut Non-Stop Erotic Cabaret. Contains Atmos mix including instrumentals and 3 bonus tracks, plus 4 videos.

As for downloads, IAA adds two 5.1 albums by Jonatha Brooke and mixed by Bob Clearmountain (yes, Steady Pull was released on DVD-A before), as well as another part of Markus Reuterʼs series.
Thanks for the tip on the Lizzy blu-ray!

As for downloads, IAA adds two 5.1 albums by Jonatha Brooke and mixed by Bob Clearmountain (yes, Steady Pull was released on DVD-A before).
Just shining a light on this so that it doesn't go unnoticed. I think Brooke is a really smart singer-songwriter, and Steady Pull is a fine album. I wasn't previously familiar with the other album (Live in New York), but it's a great occasion whenever we get to hear another item from Bob Clearmountain's private stash of unreleased 5.1 mixes! You can stream the whole album on YouTube in a playlist that includes a few videos from the original CD/DVD release:

Only one physical release was added to the list this week, Neil Young's BD-A Before and After with Atmos mix.

Yet other than that, a few 5.1 downloads were added, too. The release date of Patricia Barber's Modern Cool has been revised to 11/10, but you can already sample the single Light My Fire over at NativeDSD.

The second EP from Birdsong At Morning Heavens is now already available on IAA, and SurroundMusicOne has added Paris - Between the Wars, Vol. 1, an album by Jonathan Dimmock.

And finally, a streaming title in Atmos and 4K - Max Cooper's album Unspoken Words can now be watched - yes, including all the accompanying videos - on the On Air platform.

And finally, the new Atmos BD-A Feathers & Bones by Rodriguez Jr. is going to be available internationally via jpc.de in two weeks from now.

Fantastic news Haiky... :SB

Well, it all is actually, fingers crossed 🤞

And ordered
It arrived today.
Listening now
Another artist who just gets surround music.
The Atmos mix is stellar.

3 choices in playback:

2.0 PCM 24-bit/48kHz
5.1 DTS-HD MA 24-bit/48kHz
Dolby Atmos

@humprof Just replying to your thread I found my copy of Steady Pull I got long ago. Its a flipper disc with DVDA on one side. I remember liking it but havent played it in a while. Its good to give attention to this and Im sure it can still be picked up for cheap.

It arrived today.
Listening now
Another artist who just gets surround music.
The Atmos mix is stellar.

3 choices in playback:

2.0 PCM 24-bit/48kHz
5.1 DTS-HD MA 24-bit/48kHz
Dolby Atmos
I really enjoy his Atmos mixes but I'm still waiting on my BDA from Pure. You pointed out a really nice Atmos mix for his contribution to the recent Royksopp remix album a while back... thanks for that! Too bad they didn't do the entire album in Atmos.

Huge news! I emailed OLI Records on a whim and...
Wow--that is huge! (I wonder if it deserves a thread of its own in the "Rumblings" section or somewhere else. And @haikubass will want to put it in the 2024 Surround Releases thread, of course.)

Do we know who's doing the mixes? (Heba Kadry and Berger Borisson, who did Fossora?) And is OLI projecting a specific month yet for the release?

Last edited:
Back