TesseracT - War of Being (Bruce Soord 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes coming in September 2023; BD-V / Deluxe)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I almost forgot I ordered this. I hit the shed soon as I got their newsletter I believe. Or maybe it was SDE's newsletter? I forget, but it's ordered from the shed anyway.
Brexit may have made shipping from GB an expensive mess, but the Shed is the place to order. Great customers service, impeccable packaging of shipments and pretty quick to the US east coast (7 to 10 days most times for me). I've given up on most other vendor and just grin and bear the shipping costs.

Wow, I almost forgot I ordered this. I hit the shed soon as I got their newsletter I believe. Or maybe it was SDE's newsletter? I forget, but it's ordered from the shed anyway.
Careful or you'll end up with two copies.

At this point, I just presume I've ordered it as the video on Youtube is nice & heavy, and the mix is by Mr. Soord.

Brexit may have made shipping from GB an expensive mess, but the Shed is the place to order. Great customers service, impeccable packaging of shipments and pretty quick to the US east coast (7 to 10 days most times for me). I've given up on most other vendor and just grin and bear the shipping costs.
Yes, them and SDE.

I got mine this morning from Burning Shed, I've listened once in Atmos and once in Stereo, it's pretty heavy stuff, including growly vocals. A Bruce Swoord atmos mix so yea it's good. Now I'm on my second listen in Atmos (7.1.4) On screen there is a hi-res picture per song.
20230914_160633.jpg
20230914_152244~3.jpg

I got mine this morning from Burning Shed, I've listened once in Atmos and once in Stereo, it's pretty heavy stuff, including growly vocals. A Bruce Swoord atmos mix so yea it's good. Now I'm on my second listen in Atmos (7.1.4) On screen there is a hi-res picture per song.
View attachment 96275View attachment 96276
Mowed the lawn...
It sure is heavy man.
But Bruce has worked his magic again.
Not used to the vocals being, shall we say, in your face. But not in a bad way.

Now I'm looking forward to this. Heavier they are, the more I tend to like them. That said, the singer's got a strong pop vocal aesthetic and comes up with good melodies over complicated music so really they excel at most of the material they attempt. [I'm not really a fan of the band, but respect their thing and like that they offer various formats including surround with some of their albums]

I've been quite a big fan of this band for some years. I'd never say they have nu metal elements - what you're hearing is djent, I'd say. Maybe some progressive metalcore elements, too. They're possibly the only "modern" metal band I can say I really like. They can be heavy (obvious Meshuggah influence) but in my view they excel at their most atmospheric and melodic, with a very polished, layered production that seems to be made for surround sound. Every single member of the band is technically outstanding, yet their music never feels "showy". My copy is on the way. I can't wait! I only listened to the 11 min title track (still impressed by the videoclip) but that was more than enough for me to preorder it.

I've been quite a big fan of this band for some years. I'd never say they have nu metal elements - what you're hearing is djent, I'd say. Maybe some progressive metalcore elements, too. They're possibly the only "modern" metal band I can say I really like. They can be heavy (obvious Meshuggah influence) but in my view they excel at their most atmospheric and melodic, with a very polished, layered production that seems to be made for surround sound. Every single member of the band is technically outstanding, yet their music never feels "showy". My copy is on the way. I can't wait! I only listened to the 11 min title track (still impressed by the videoclip) but that was more than enough for me to preorder it.
I'm certainly not a 'Metal' guy, but I'm picking one up anyway; just curious what they've done with the surround mix and perhaps expand my eclectic music tastes just a tad. The visuals that @svengaleekie showed above look interesting also.

So actually looking forward to checking it out.

Back